Silent Hill (PlayStation)

Written by  :  TwoDividedByZero (149)
Written on  :  Jun 23, 2010
Platform  :  PlayStation
Rating  :  4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars

read more reviews by TwoDividedByZero

Summary

DO NOT PLAY IN DARK ROOM

The Good

Well the games story line is great! This game is just creepy..no doubt about it. I saw videos of it on the internet and thought to myself that the game doesn't look scary. But man,was I wrong! The games voice acting is alright. Its better than the Resident Evil voice acting! The games lighting add on to the creepiness of the game. This game made me jump because some stuff I didn't expect happens. The game is full with scary demon dogs and these weird bats. You have a radio that detects when something is around you,in my opinion that's creepy!!! Then at times the whole games goes dark and the only thing that helps is your flash light! This is by far one of the scariest games I've played but there are some flaws...

The Bad

The games puzzles are hard! They're harder than the Resident Evil puzzles!!! Players will find themselves running in circles,going into the same houses over and over again,and more. the controls are clumsy. The character doesn't stop moving when you take your hands of the D-pad. Thus your character will run into walls or walk off ledges when you don't want him too. Konami has made some good games but this game is kinda rushed. The graphics are terrible and the environment is pathetic. The characters are blocky and the game is quite hard.

The Bottom Line

Well to put it in short: Konami tried to re-create a new Resident Evil but Failed. Silent Hill is scary and made me jump and has high points of terror. So overall this game would pleasure any player who likes horror games. But be aware, You must have patience with this game.