Speed Punks Ad Blurbs (PlayStation)
Six insane children break out of the schoolyard to tear up the roads in their own super-powered racing karts. In a greedy race for victory, these Speed Freaks use all manner of tricks, power-ups and short-cuts to cheat their way to the finish. They are ultra-competitive and determined to win--the roads just aren't safe anymore!
* Exclusive to PlayStation
* Uses an advanced physics model which gives a realistic racing feel to the karts
* 6 main characters to choose from
* 3 hidden characters who become available as the game progresses
* All love to race at high speeds
* 12 tracks over 3 leagues, each of which features a raceway, volcanic island, theme park and city track
* Short cuts, hidden areas, water pools, oil spills, lava pits and dirt tracks
* Turbo pick-ups
* Use weapons to fight whoever you like in whatever way you can think of - there are no combat rules!
* Rich, high resolution graphics
* Fantastic sound
* True split-screen 4 player mode
Contributed by Evilhead (1182) on Nov 15, 2005.
See the Speed Freaks Site.
Speed Freaks is a character-based racing game exclusive to PlayStation. Unlike other kart racers, however, Speed Freaks uses an advanced physics model which gives a realistic racing feel to the karts and allows a greater injection of fun into the whole engine.
There are six main characters to choose from, plus a further three hidden characters who become available as the game progresses. All are live-for-today, thrill-seeking tykes who love to race at high speeds. You can race them on 12 tracks over three leagues, each of which features a raceway, volcanic island, theme park and city track. There are loads of short cuts and hidden areas. As well as effects like water pools, oil spills, lava pits and dirt tracks.
Pick-ups are either turbo pick-ups, to give you an added burst of speed, which you can use immediately or store up to use later, or power-ups, which include heat-seeking missiles, machine guns and a mysterious stealth shield. Use these weapons to fight whoever you like in whatever way you can think of - there are no combat rules!
With rich, hi-res graphics, fantastic sound and a true split-screen 4 player mode, Speed Freaks is one of the fastest, smoothest, most addictive arcade-style racing games on the market.What's more, the best way to win is to cheat.
Contributed by Xoleras (66829) on Nov 05, 2004.