DescriptionLike the original Spyro the Dragon, this is a platform-adventure game. Whilst using a portal to travel to the coast, he is enlisted to help a professor defeat Ripto the dinosaur.
The game is split into 3 worlds - on each of these Spyro must collect all the gems and then kill a boss. Level layouts are less linear and more expansive than many platform games, with lots of sub-quests - exploration is required.
This time around, the fantasy 3D worlds are larger and more complex. Though most of the gameplay elements from the original game have remained, more puzzle elements and bonus levels have been added to this chapter. Spyro has a new ground-pounding move.
- "Spyro X Sparx: Tondemo Tours" -- Japanese title
- "Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer" -- European title
- "Spyro 2: En Busca de los Talismanes" -- Spanish title
- "スパイロ×スパークス トンでもツアーズ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|A sequel as a sequel should be! Improved in many ways.||Rensch (203)|
|PSM||Dec, 1999||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Power Unlimited||Dec, 1999||8.9 out of 10||89|
|IGN||Nov 18, 1999||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Video Games||Nov, 1999||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Nov 02, 1999||8.6 out of 10||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 12, 1999||17 out of 20||85|
|Freak||Jan, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|VicioJuegos.com||Jan 15, 2008||85 out of 100||85|
|Mega Fun||Nov, 1999||84 out of 100||84|
|Game Revolution||Nov, 1999||B+||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- The Spyro Universe (Fan Site about the series.)
- Wikipedia: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (Information about Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage at Wikipedia)