DescriptionFollowing his successes for the Rebel Alliance in the previous game, the adventures of the starfighter pilot "Rookie One" continue. While out scouting in the Dreighton Nebula, Rookie One's patrols receive a distress call from a freighter. As this is an area where ships are known to disappear, any deviation from the flight path is dangerous. But what they find is an Imperial presence where there shouldn't be one... and a new secret project to bring about the destruction of the Rebel Alliance.
Rebel Assault II is a rail-shooter "interactive movie" featuring a variety of action sequences. Rookie One will fly sequences in an X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, speeder bikes and being on foot. His only real ability is the precise targeting and shooting of laser weapon and occasionally the chance to take cover and avoid obstacles. Rookie One will team up with other characters who will aid him and need to be defended in turn. Occasionally different paths can be chosen in the animation and different events triggered, but for the most part the game is a closed environment.
- "絕地大反攻2" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: El Imperio Oculto" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Genre: Rail shooter
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
- Star Wars licensees
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault series
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|Not as good as a lot of other Star Wars games but still a load of fun!||Attila (494)|
|GamePro (US)||Jan 01, 2000||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Mega Fun||Jan, 1997||81 out of 100||81|
|Video Games||Jan, 1997||75 out of 100||75|
|All Game Guide||1998||70|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Feb, 1997||5.5 out of 10||55|
|Absolute Playstation||May, 1997||5 out of 10||50|
|GameSpot||Mar 04, 1997||4.9 out of 10||49|
|The Video Game Critic||May 18, 2005||C-||42|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaPress and hold Alt + V in the main menu the game will ask you for an activation code Type 'quotovres' and you'll enter theater mode ... in theater mode you'll see shadows of Darth Vader and R2D2 throughout all the cutscenes ... moreover there's a whole NEW dialogue going on there - the speech is turned off and all the subtitles for the cut scenes are changed... the new subtitles are much, MUCH funnier and they also include some cool Star Wars jokes...
Related Web Sites
- Brad Pack's Ultimate Rebel Assault 2 Home Page (This home page will help you beat Rebel Assault 2: The Hidden Empire at ANY level with or without cheating, and will help you discover many secrets you may not have known were in the game. Rebel Assault 2 has probably more easter eggs (programmer secrets), special modes, and spoilers than any other computer game.
-- Brad Pack's own description of his site. )
- Lucas Arts: The Hidden Empire (Official site.)