Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft (PlayStation)

3.3
Written by  :  Antonia Lenham (4)
Written on  :  Nov 22, 2003
Platform  :  PlayStation

read more reviews by Antonia Lenham

Summary

An all around cultural adventure with deadly weapons of destruction and a gorgeous woman kicking ass!

The Good

The game is brilliant for adventure. I love the idea that you can travel to different continents, and you can choose where to go. Whether it's India, London, South Pacific, Antarctica or Nevada. Lara explores places where she encounters Indian artifacts, ancient meteorites, Area 51 and mini subs - Oh my! The rooftops of London and the icy wastes of Antarctica. Ms Croft must use more than her wits to stay alive, which is why she's happy to have lots of new vehicles, weapons and moves at her disposal.

You get to train in her mansion, which is huge with lots of exciting secrets to explore one, which includes driving a quad bike in her back garden dirt track! You get a lot more out of this game than any of the others.

With her new outfits, weapons, vehicles, locations, multiple routes in many levels, new deadly traps, secrets, villains, monsters, dinosaurs all combined in brilliant atmospheres and entertaining music You can't not enjoy it!

The Bad

Looking from another’s point of view, perhaps some may not get on well with the controls and movements, but once you get familiar with them, you'll use them like a pro! This can result in some really cool actions!

Also some may get impatient, but the thought of challenging through the levels is an accomplishment! To be honest there wasn't particularly anything that I disliked. It kept me on my toes and each level had something to look forward to! It depends what type of games you enjoy.

The Bottom Line

If you like action, adventure, weapons of destruction, creative levels based on real places, exploring culture as well as using your brain, blasting big bosses with rocket launchers, speeding in quad bikes, racing down waterfalls with boats and using a list of her cool new moves. Then Tomb Raider 3 is the game for you!

Oh.. and last but not least.. Being in charge of a beautiful woman in hot pants (for the guys! she’s such a tease!) or the thought of world domination by a woman (for the ladies who want to kick using a female for a change!)

A brilliant game! keep the tomb raider games living!