Advertising BlurbsPCGAMER (UK) Issue 76 December 1999:
- Basement Jaxx
- Asian Dub Foundation and Audioactive
- 3 Jays
- Tour de Force
- Way out West
- Andy Hughes
Witness the birth of...
As we approach the new millennium things are changing, the cities grow: the future of the world is the super city - the metropolis, the future is neon bright.
New office blocks are not just for 'suits', but a blank canvas for graffiti artists, skateboarders, the underground and the disfranchised, stamping their personalities on a stale conformist world
"Chaos is not mere disorder,
it is the deep order within apparently random non-linear systems"
Urban Chaos throws you into the heart of this modern urban jungle at the turn of the millennium. To succeed you'll need a lethal combination of stealth, physical agility and martial arts skills as you interact with the city around you. Complete freedom to explore every area is granted and this freedom extends to gameplay - the future is in your hands as you are drawn into an underlying plot featuring a mysterious cult intent on evil at this unpredictable and potentially menacing millennium period.
Release Date: December 1999
Exclusive soundtracks from Urban Chaos are available on an album featuring:
The album also features a limited edition PC demo of the Urban Chaos game.
Contributed by Jack Lightbeard (2653) on May 12, 2005.
ZUR JAHRTAUSENDWENDE WIRD DER KÖNIG DES TERRORS KOMMEN, UM CHAOS ÜBER DIE MENSCHHEIT ZU BRINGEN.
STOPPEN SIE IHN.
Contributed by Xoleras (66127) on Dec 10, 2004.
Urban Chaos brings unprecedented freedom to the most realistic and atmospheric game environment to date. You control D'arci and Roper: D'arci - the agile, street savvy cop and Roper - the jaded conspiracy theorist who is an expert in heavy weapons. Together they must stop a millennium cult from unleashing a new form of evil on the city. As you wander the city, explore every nook and cranny, from buildings and rooftops to subways and sewers. The game is enhanced with a variety of environmental effects including rain, fog, snow, day and night.
- Thirty missions each with multiple branching sub-missions
- Interact with a vast city "alive" with citizens - you can choose to assist NPC's to gain both information and new weapons.
- Each street has random event scripting. For one mission, a street may be filled with holiday shoppers. For the next mission, a major gun battle between cops and a gang might be in full swing...
- Multiple modes of combat and action including hand-to-hand fighting, heavy weaponry attacks, vehicle chases and building shoot-outs
Contributed by コナン (91228) on Apr 15, 2001.