DescriptionAs an extension of one of the most long-running television series of all time, The X-Files, play through the eyes of Special Agent Craig Willmore, a new FBI field investigator brought in to locate missing agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully whose last location was the Everett, Washington, area. In this "movie quality" video production, characters are played by the actors and actresses from the show, including Gillian Anderson (Scully) and David Duchovny (Mulder).
As the game begins, you are given a briefing of your mission. Gather up all state-of-the-art spy tools (night vision goggles, a digital camera, PDA, lock picks, evidence kit, a standard issue revolver, handcuffs and badge) and then head out to follow their trail. As you explore the various locations, take photographs, pick up pieces of evidence and talk with people. Use your Newton PDA to access the navigational map, to make notes and send/receive e-mail. Trace telephone numbers, run background checks and license plate ids and even post an All Points Bulletin on missing persons using the computer network at your home or office. By using photo viewer software, download field photographs to the computer where they can be enlarged and studied more closely for clues.
Features include emotion icons for interjecting different tones during conversations (mean, humorous or technical) which effect the answer given. An in-game hint system, Artificial Intelligence, can be set on or off. In addition, there are multiple endings as a direct result of actions you take.
- "The X-Files: Le Jeu" -- French Title
- "The X Files" -- PSX title
- "Salaiset Kansiot" -- Finnish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: VirtualCinema
- Inspiration: TV series
- Theme: Law enforcement
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
- X-Files licensees
|More fun than watching an episode.||MAT (71127)|
|Atmospheric to say the least! The game just pulls you in!||Gary Mee (1)||unrated|
The Press Says
|Gamer's Pulse||Jan 15, 2000||9.1 out of 10||91|
|NowGamer||Sep 23, 1999||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Absolute Playstation||Nov, 1999||75 out of 100||75|
|Spel för Alla||Dec, 1999||7 out of 10||70|
|Power Unlimited||Sep, 1999||5.3 out of 10||53|
|GameSpot||Nov 24, 1999||4.2 out of 10||42|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe Playstation version comes on 4 CD's and has degraded graphics compared to the PC version.
Related Web Sites
- Crapshoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
- Hints for The X-Files Game (The hints on this site may help you solve the game)
- The X-Files Game (Hyperbole's information site about the game)
- The X-Files In-Jokes List (This site gives information on how the game relates to episodes and characters on the show. It includes a list of Easter Eggs and other interesting tidbits.)
- The X-Files Wiki (An entry about the video game adaption on the editable reference site, The X-Files Wiki, which has information not only about the game itself but about the fictional framework in which it takes place.)
- Wikipedia (Information on The X-Files Game at Wikipedia)