DescriptionYou've finally been granted your Pokémon trainer's license. Now, it's time to head out to become the world greatest Pokémon trainer. Starting with just one Pokémon, you need to train hard and vigorously to defeat all 8 gym leaders and the Elite Four.
You start out in a simple town with just one Pokémon. With that Pokémon, it's up to you to battle and catch 5 other Pokémon and train them to become strong enough to defeat your rivals. There are 150 Pokémon to catch, and along the way you can teach your Pokèmon new moves, so every Pokémon is different and unique. Because of this, no Pokémon is the best. You need to maintain a well-balanced team of six Pokémon to defeat any challenge that you face. But remember, there are always other trainers out there willing to prove that they can beat you, so be prepared to battle it out with other trainers as well as the Gym Leaders.
Not only that, but Pokémon Blue allows you to interact with other Pokémon owners. Find a friend with Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Red or Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition battle it out with one another. You can trade your creatures with each other, because neither Blue nor Red has all 150 Pokémon. Interaction is essential to becoming a Pokémon master!
It's going to take all you've got to collect 150 Pokémon in this enormous world. Catch them, battle them, trade them. Can you develop the ultimate strategy to defeat the eight Gym Leaders and become the greatest Pokémon Master of all time?
Pokémon Blue differentiates itself from Pokémon Red in that there are different Pokèmon in each game. Common Pokémon in Blue are uncommon in Red, and those in Red may not even show up in Blue. It requires both games to collect all 150 Pokémon and become a Pokémon master.
- "ポケットモンスター青" -- Japanese Spelling
- "Pokémon: Version Bleu" -- French Title
- "Pokémon Edición Azul" -- Spanish Title
- "Pokémon: Blue Version - Gotta catch 'em all!" -- Tag-lined title
- "Pokémon: Blaue Edition - Schnapp' sie Dir alle!" -- German tag-lined title
- "Pokémon: Blaue Edition" -- German Title
- "Pocket Monsters Aoi" -- Enhanced version of Pocket Monsters Green & Red.
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into books
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|The best RPG around!||Jim Fun (222)|
|Truly a landmark game of its generation, even if it just lacks focus||CrankyStorming (2755)|
|A new role playing game||Mike Andrew (2)||unrated|
|Total! (Germany)||Sep, 1999||1 out of 6||100|
|Portable Review||Jun 08, 2007||38 out of 40||95|
|Consoles Plus||Nov, 1999||95 out of 100||95|
|Super Play||Oct, 1999||92 out of 100||92|
|Nintendo Life||Apr 28, 2009||90|
|Cubed3||Mar 17, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Mega Fun||Nov, 1999||88 out of 100||88|
|Just RPG||Apr 03, 2003||73 out of 100||73|
|Gamekult||Oct 15, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|Legendra||Sep 16, 2007||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
LevelsThe maximum level your Pokémon can reach is level 100. After that, it will continue to get experience, but will not gain any more levels.
Pokémon BlueThe U.S. and European releases of Pokémon Blue Version are based on the Japanese Green Version of Pocket Monsters. The real Blue Version was only released in Japan as a special edition of the game from Nintendo.
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) - #39 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll
- Retro Gamer
- Total! (Germany)
- Issue 01/2000 – Best Game Boy RPG in 1999
Related Web Sites
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Pokemon Hints (Hints to help you solve the game.)
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.)