DescriptionPokémon Y and its counterpart, Pokémon X, are the first main Pokémon games to be rendered in full 3D and have a customizable protagonist.
As with the previous games, the player first chooses one of three starter Pokémon. He then sets out in the Kalos region to collect Pokémon information in the Pokédex, which now has three sections.
The game has new features: horde battles, sky battles and the new 'Fairy' type. Party Pokémon can go through a 'Super Training' regimen that increases stats and bond with their trainer using the 'Pokémon-amie' widget, by playing minigames, interacting and eating Poképuffs. A new type of evolution, the 'Mega Evolutions' can now temporarily boost some Pokémon's stats by using a Mega Stone. Mega Pokémon not only have higher stats, different typing and new abilities, but also have a different look.
There are no Nintendo 3DS screenshots for this game.
- "Pocket Monsters Y" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスターＹ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay Feature: Beast Riding & Beast Attacking
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Creature breeding / fusion
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Gameplay feature: Recordable replays
- Games made into comics
- Games made into movies
- Games made into TV series
- Games with nobility titles
- Japanese Nintendo 3DS game releases with full English support
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Same Thing... But a different story than Pokémon X (WARNING: SPOILERS!!!)||Erik Munoz (8)|
|RPG Site||Nov 26, 2013||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Oct 15, 2013||85 out of 100||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 04, 2013||17 out of 20||85|
|Gamereactor (Sweden)||Oct 09, 2013||8 out of 10||80|
|NRK Filmpolitiet||Oct 16, 2013||4 out of 6||67|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SalesAccording to publisher Nintendo, Pokémon Y together with Pokémon X sold 12.26 million copies worldwide (as of March 31, 2014).
- GameStar/GamePro (Germany)
- 2013 – #2 Best Wii & DS Game of the Year (Readers' Vote) (together with Pokémon X)