DescriptionPokémon Yellow, along with Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Red forms the first generation of Pokémon games. You control a number of fictional animals known as Pokémon and must travel the land using your current Pokémon to defeat and capture more.
There are 151 Pokémon that fall into various types such as fire, water and grass that have a complicated rock-paper-scissors relationship. You come across a series of town, each of which contains a gym where you must do battle with other Pokémon trainers. Each gym specializes in a different type of Pokémon. After beating each gym, you are given a new ability that lets you travel to new areas.
The object of the game is to defeat all eight gym leaders, or ultimately, to catch all the varieties of Pokémon. Some of them are not actually catchable in Yellow, so you must use the Game Boy link function to trade with friends using Red and Blue to complete your collection.
Pokémon Yellow differs from the other first-generation games because it is based on the Pokémon animé series. The main character looks like Ash and he starts the game with Pikachu, rather than choosing a Pokémon as in all other games in the series. Character graphics throughout the game are based on designs from the series and it includes Jesse, James and their Meowth, which the other games do not.
- "Pokémon Version Jaune: Edition Spéciale Pikachu" -- French title
- "Pokémon: Gelbe Edition - Special Pikachu Edition" -- German title
- "Pokémon Edición Especial Pikachu: Edición Amarilla" -- Spanish title
- "Pocket Monsters Pikachu" -- Japanese title
- "ポケットモンスター ピカチュウ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Monster capture / training
- Games made into comics
- Games made into TV series
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Pokémon main RPG series
- Pokémon universe
|Final Fantasy in the Poke-Verse||Gothicgene (83)|
|Better than Pokemon Blue, and RPG just keeps getting better!||Jim Fun (222)|
|The best Pokemon game of its time||Dark Lord (46)|
|Total! (Germany)||Jun, 2000||1 out of 6||100|
|IGN||Oct 19, 1999||10 out of 10||100|
|VicioJuegos.com||Jul 04, 2007||90 out of 100||90|
|Power Unlimited||Sep, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|GameSpot||Jan 28, 2000||8.9 out of 10||89|
|GamesCollection||Mar 30, 2010||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 22, 2000||16 out of 20||80|
|Super Play||Jun, 2000||8 out of 10||80|
|RPGFan||Apr 14, 2001||73 out of 100||73|
|Legendra||Sep 16, 2007||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Retro Gamer
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow (The hints here will help you solve the game.)
- Pokèmon Elite 2000 (A Pokèmon fan site good at covering the latest news about coming and existing Pokèmon games.)
- Psypokes (A comprehensive Pokémon site that pretty much covers everything there is to know about the games.)