🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Pool of Radiance > CCS64 loading

Ossie1972 on 7/17/2010 12:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Hi guys - just downloaded this game, it is on about 8 disc images. I can't work out how to get the C64 emulator to load it: which .d64 image do you start with, is there one which loads the entire game in one go, how do you get the emulator to ask for the next disc etc - in short, from the download available, what are the steps to get the game up & running?

Thanks

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 7/17/2010 12:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Under your circumstances, your best bet is probably to download a different, all-in-one version and play that.

Alaka (106107) on 7/17/2010 3:31 AM · Permalink · Report

First, put all the game disks together in a folder. Then click on disk 1 side a to start the game up. You'll eventually be asked to enter in side #3. To do that, press F9 to bring up a menu. Press Enter on device 8. Highlight side #3 from the list. Then press F4. The disk will be changed and you can continue on. Hope this helps.

Ossie1972 on 7/19/2010 2:28 AM · Permalink · Report

OK, so not the "boot" disk image? The .d64 images are boot, pool0, pool1 etc up to about pool 8 I think. They aren't specifically listed simply with an obvious place to start with "Disk 1 Side A" etc. Or are there any links to versions with 1 disk image, or named as above?

Thanks

Alaka (106107) on 7/19/2010 7:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Try this then. OK, first what you have to do is click on the boot disk. Keep pressing space till you get to the character create screen. When you go to create a character it will tell you to insert side 3. Press F9, press enter in device 8, then scroll down the list of files. Go to poolora3.d64 and you will notice at the bottom it will read title:"Disk B Side 3, so that is obviously what you want. So press F4 when it's highlighted and the disk will be switched. Then press any key and then you'll be able to create a character. Then basically follow this procedure any time it asks for the disks to be switched.

Ossie1972 on 7/20/2010 12:14 AM · Permalink · Report

OK thanks. I tried this & first up it gave me the old security check telling me to "line up rune a with rune b and enter the name on path xyz" on the old wheel that used to come with the game. Are there any versions out there which dont require this security check, or a list of the wheel results?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 7/20/2010 11:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Really, pirate this game on a platform that's more easily emulated and cracked 8)