DescriptionMankind has spread throughout the solar system into vast colonies, which are under alien threat. The bad guys have anti-matter machines capable of destroying the planets' power source. You must destroy these before they can reach Critical Mass.
Your journey involves travelling primarily to the east, in a hovering craft. It is rotated with left and right movements, and accelerated with forward motion. Laser and shield strength are limited and monitored on screen. Use them wisely, as hostile aliens and mines line the route. Get shot down and you re-emerge with a jet pack, now directed to the bay which can give you a new craft.
The force-field gates near the power planets are guarded by turrets which must be shot down. The mission then boils down the insides of the plant, which must be destroyed before its tractor beam has sucked you into the core.
- "Critical Mass" -- European title
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Spectrum||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1985||9 out of 10||90|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1985||90 out of 100||90|
|Sinclair User||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1985||80|
|64'er||Commodore 64||May, 1986||11 out of 15||73|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||1986||70 out of 100||70|
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Mar, 1986||59 out of 100||59|
|Happy Computer||Commodore 64||Apr, 1986||Unscored||Unscored|
|Happy Computer||ZX Spectrum||Apr, 1986||Unscored||Unscored|
|Happy Computer||Amstrad CPC||Apr, 1986||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power, an Amstrad CPC game database (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: dowloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Lemon, a C64 game database (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Wikipedia (free Encyclopedia entry)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)