missing cover art
Advertising BlurbsAdvertisement in PC Games, January 2000 (German):
- Beeindruckende Grafik durch Unterstützung von 3D-Beschleunigerkarten
- Komplett in Deutsch
- Perfektes Handling durch Rückspiegel und Tempomat
- Unterstützung von Lenkrädern und Force-Feedback
- 3D-Engine mit völliger Bewegungsfreiheit
- Missions-basiertes Gameplay
- Vier Städte & Bonus-Karte
- Über 44 unterschiedliche Missionen
- Replay-Modus mit eigener Regie-Möglichkeit und Speicherung
- Simulation von kompletten Städten
- Freeride / Driving-Games "für das schnelle Spiel zwischendurch!"
Spiel des Jahres
Platz 1 der Playstation-Charts**[seit 4 Monaten lt. Media-Control]
Jetzt auch für PC!
Contributed by Xoleras (66236) on Dec 11, 2004.
- Unfolding story line of corruption and double-cross
- Living, breathing cities modeled block by block down to the back alleys of their true life counterparts - NY, LA, San Francisco and Miami
- Immersive Realism - working traffic light system, pedestrians on the street and cops on patrol
- Realistic car handling, damage modeling and physics on all cars - Cars crash and deform, tires smoke and hubcaps fly. All brought to you from the developers of Destruction Derby 1 and 2
Contributed by Xoleras (66236) on May 20, 2004.
Driver puts gamers right into the middle of the action and squarely behind the wheel of the most wanted getaway car. Driver delivers the clutch-your-seats, adrenaline-charged action of a heart-stopping, Hollywood-style car chase, propelling players along a high-speed, all-out thrill ride through the wild streets of four major U.S. cities. Driver's true-to-life modeling of automobile physics, ultra-realistic environments, cutting-edge graphics and revolutionary replay mode allow users to experience the most elaborate, realistic interactive driving experience imaginable. Assuming the identity of an undercover cop named Tanner, players sell their services as a driver-for-hire to the highest bidder in order to infiltrate a powerful crime ring spanning four of the nation's largest cities - New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Miami.
Windows 95 or NT 4.0
Intel Pentium or 100% compatible
(166MHz or better recommended)
3D accelerator required
- Real cities - Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Miami - All with recognizable landmarks and working traffic systems
- Over 40 missions of high speed action featuring amazing true to life driving physics and crashes!
- Film your own 70's style high speed car chases using the revolutionary Director mode
- Unfolding story line of corruption and double cross
Contributed by Xoleras (66236) on May 07, 2004.
The criminal underworld has accepted you as one of their own. You are a getaway driver for hire. Speeding through the streets of real cities with working traffic systems, pedestrians and motorist on the street and cops on patrol. You are the best Driver in the entire criminal community. You are the Wheelman’. Brought to you from the Creator's of Destruction Derby’ 1 and 2.
Screech through sun drenched Miami, speed over the hills of San Francisco, slide across the rain-drenched streets of Los Angeles, or cause chaos in the hustle and bustle of New York
Mission Over? Sit back , relax, re-live those glorious handbrake turns and wave goodbye to the cops again and again in the unbelievable "film director" editing feature. Reproduce your own classic 70's car chase movies.
Contributed by Grant McLellan (545) on Sep 11, 2001.