missing cover art
DescriptionAccording to Egyptian legend, Horus outwitted the evil god Set and imprisoned him in a secret tomb...
Five thousand years later, Lara Croft discovers the lost tomb and unwittingly unleashes the Set, fulfilling the ancient prophecy of his return to plunge mankind into darkness! In a race against time, Lara must use all of her wit and skill to reimprison Set and save the world from Armageddon. Pursued at every turn by her arch-rival, the unscrupulous archaeologist Werner Von Croy, Lara embarks on a journey of discovery across Egypt, where she must overcome the most ingenious puzzles and infernal traps ever devised, and face terrifying evil from beyond the grave...
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation plays very similar to the previous games in the series, but some new things have been added to the game. The biggest addition is that now rather large parts of the game consist of several interconnected levels sometimes explored in any order, with puzzles in one level often requiring that some actions are done in other levels. The new additions to Lara's arsenal are a revolver and a bow with several sets of arrows including exploding and poisonous ones. The players will also find a laser sight which can be attached to any of the two weapons described above allowing manual targeting and zooming. Inventory now holds a binocular with built-in flashlight and a handy crowbar (found later in the game). Lara has also learned a few new moves: she can climb into the niches with low ceiling if the crouch button is pressed, she can now move around the corners while hanging and she can also pull levers and open trap-doors while jumping.
Graphics have been upgraded too - there are new light effects and water is now dripping from Lara's clothes when she gets on surface.
There are no PS Vita user screenshots for this game.
There are 66 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "古墓奇兵：末世啟示錄" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Tomb Raider: Последнее откровение" -- Russian spelling
- "Tomb Raider: ההתגלות" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation" -- German title
- "Tomb Raider IV" -- Informal title
- "Tomb Raider: De laatste onthulling" -- Dutch title
- "Tomb Raider: A Revelação Final" -- Brazilian title
- "Tomb Raider 4: La revelation finale" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Protagonist: Female
- Protagonist: Treasure hunter
- Setting: Egyptian
- Setting: Middle East
- Tomb Raider series
There are no reviews for the PS Vita release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|The Times - Exclusive Tomb Raider Level||3||GTramp (58347)
Aug 28, 2012
ExtrasSpecially marked boxes had a free "Lara Croft mousepad" enclosed. These were the same as the official ones released in 1997 that sold separately.
Millennium EditionThe Millennium Edition included a special preview of the Tomb Raider comic and a game card.
Times Exclusive LevelIn late 1999 a special bonus level was developed by Core Design and released together by Eidos and newspaper The Times. It is a standalone level built using Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation engine but not requiring the original game to play. This Times Exclusive Level was released to commemorate the 100th anniversary of discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb. As of 2012, the level is still available online for free.
Information also contributed by Garcia and GTramp
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Tomb Raider 4 (The hints on this site will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.)
- Stella's Tomb (Stella has everything you'd ever want to know about all of the Tomb Raider games: walkthroughs, cheats, patches and much more)
- Tomb Raider (Official Tomb Raider site)
- Wikipedia: Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Information about Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.