Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
- An epic RPG with a twisting plot - seen from the viewpoints of two brothers in a series of episodic, concurrent adventures
- Innovative turn-based combat engine - make strategic use of terrain, spells, items and group attacks
- Diverse party of playable characters each with upgradeable weapons, items, skills and special attacks
Rivalry must be forgotten. The Spirits are calling.As an evil army sweeps the globe in a bid to achieve complete dominance, the fate of two rival races lies in the hands of Kharg and Darc, twin brothers separated at birth. After wildly different upbringings, Kharg is now a Human prince; Darc a lowly, tormented Deimos slave.
Neither knows of the other's existence; nor do they understand that soon they must defend their people from the intruding darkness, no matter what the cost...
Contributed by TechSmurfy (911) on May 12, 2012.
An original PS one title gets a PlayStation 2 makeover, as two brothers embark on an epic quest
- Play as both brothers on two epic quests which intertwine at various points
- Real-time combat moves replace the traditional turn-based gameplay
- Explore the massive worlds in search of clues, side-quests and weapons upgrades
The long-running Arc series will be remembered fondly by RPG-aficionados as one of the first titles to appear on PlayStation way back in 1995, albeit as a Japanese import. Featuring a turn-based combat system and all the staple ingredients of a role-playing title, Arc was amongst the smaller adventures of its genre, but no less engaging for its size.
Arc: Twilight of the Spirits retains the basic mythology of its predecessors, but the action is set centuries after the original tales, giving only a brief nod to its ancestry. The story follows two brothers, separated at birth and raised in different environments, with one (Kharg) being brought up in an affluent society, whilst the other (Darc) lives a life of slavery in another continent. The young pair share a strange birthmark, and each struggle to understand the role they must play in their world.
Divided by war, the planet is being fought over by humans and a hostile race of aliens, called deimos, intent on making themselves well and truly at home. The brothers' stories intertwine, and you'll switch between characters as they embark on journeys to discover their heritage. The gameplay is standard RPG-fodder, with lots of wandering round exploring the environment, talking to the locals, gaining useful tips, clues and upgrades, that sort of thing. Unlike the previous outings, however, you can now make your move in glorious 3D, as opposed to the traditional turn-based manoeuvres. Truly an epic adventure, Arc sets you on a path in search of the truth regarding the brother's lineage, pitting you against all manner of foe along the way.
Contributed by DreinIX (9398) on Apr 14, 2008.
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits is a role-playing game where the player joins two heroes, Darc and Kharg on their quest to capture the Great Spirit Stones, a resource sought by two warring races. Twin brothers have been separated at birth, one has suffered great hardship and the other seeks to uncover his mysterious past. Set in a world of stunning graphics, characters come alive through an extensive and dynamic battle voice-over system. The game’s epic storyline, realistic motion capture cut-scenes and strategic combat sequences will engage you in over 60+ hours of immersive gameplay.
Contributed by Alrightya (312) on Jun 25, 2005.
- Ein episches Rollenspiel mit einer wechselvollen Handlung – erlebt aus der Perspektive zweier Brüder in abenteuerlichen, zusammenhängenden Episoden
- Innovatives, rundenbasiertes Kampfsystem – machen sie sich das Gelände, Zauber, Gegenstände und Gruppenangriffe strategisch zunutze
- Eine abwechslungsreiche Gruppe spielbarer Charaktere, deren waffen, Gegenstände Fähigkeiten und Spezialangriffe verbessert werden können
Die Rivalität muss enden – denn die Geister rufen
Eine finstere Armee strebt nach der Weltherrschaft, und das Schicksal zweier rivalisierender Völker liegt in den Händen der Zwillinge Kharg und Darc, die als Kinder getrennt wurden. Nach einer völlig unterschiedlichen Jugend ist Kharg nun ein Prinz unter den Menschen und Darc ein gequälter Sklave unter den Deimos.
Keiner der beiden weiß vom anderen, und noch ahnen sie nicht, dass sie ihr Volk schon bald gegen das Dunkel verteidigen müssen, koste es, was es wolle …
Contributed by Mobygamesisreanimated (10754) on Jun 17, 2005.
THE TIE THAT REUNITES TWO MEN IS THE ONE THAT COULD DESTROY THEIR WORLD.
- Unfold chapters of an intense, yet immersive storyline as you discover twists, secrets, and new discoveries
- Over 14 playable characters - each with their own unique abilities, spells, weapons, skills and special attacks
- Utilize powerful combination attacks with other characters and a wide range of powerful spells
- Characters come alive through extensive communication employed throughout combat and dramatic cut scenes
Contributed by Corn Popper (69477) on Apr 22, 2004.
For years, the Humans and Deimos have been at war in their struggle to capture the Great Spirit Stones. To the Humans, the stones represent a magical source of power and light. To the Deimos, the stones the viable force behind their spell-casting abilities. But fate is about to place the future of both races in the hands of two men.