DescriptionThe fourth Burnout racing game puts you once again in the eye of traffic storms, where you do not only rush to be the fastest, but brutally, yet stylishly, take down your opponents. This is emphasized by impact time, which shows crashes in all their slowed-down glory, and the boost you receive after a successful wrecking. Reckless driving bumps your Revenge rank, unlocking new events. This can also be achieved by medal placings that grant new vehicles.
Collectible signature takedowns, crashbreakers (detonate your vehicle, now also in some regular races) and aftertouch for precise havoc remain, but one of the major changes is the ability to check traffic. Non-racing vehicles are no longer a nuisance with the sole purpose of slowing you down. They can now be actively used to obstruct traffic or send them into your foes. The Road Rage mode (take down a set number of rivals within a time limit) and Crash mode make a return, but Traffic Attack is new - race against the clock and level the traffic at the same time. Other modes include regular races, grand prix races, Burning Lap (high-speed time attack), Eliminator (last one after each round is out) and a normal time attack mode.
In the Crash mode, the multipliers and bonuses have been removed, and you cannot drive at full speed towards a crossroads. You have to time your start to receive a proper boost and then it is only about steering, crashbreakers and aftertouch. There are many new tracks and cars, a soundtrack with lots of famous artists, and a new world tour in different countries.
Online multiplayer is available for up to six players. New off-line additions are the split-screen Traffic Attack and a hot-seat Crash Tour for up to six players, next to the familiar Road Rage, Crash Party and Crash Battle modes.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 33 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "横冲直撞：复仇" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Burnout 4" -- Informal title
- "번아웃 리벤지" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Burnout series
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Theme: Street racing
|I said, “No ice in my coke!”||lasttoblame (393)|
|Revenge is sweet||Kadeem Gomez (38)|
|Game Chronicles||Oct 03, 2005||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Fragland.net||Dec 21, 2005||95 out of 100||95|
|Armchair Empire, The||Oct 03, 2005||9.4 out of 10||94|
|Game Informer Magazine||Oct, 2005||9.25 out of 10||92|
|GamingExcellence||Sep 20, 2005||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Lawrence||Sep 27, 2005||A-||91|
|VGcore||Jul 29, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Freaks 365||2005||9 out of 10||90|
|FOK!games||Oct 20, 2005||82 out of 100||82|
|Times Online||Nov 02, 2005||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MultiplayerOn 1st November 2007, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox and PS2 versions.
Savegames from other games
- If a savegame from Madden NFL 06 is detected on the hard disk or memory card, a hidden Madden Challenge Van is unlocked.
- If a savegame from Burnout 3: Takedown is detected on the hard disk or memory card, a hidden car is unlocked.
SoundtrackThe full soundtrack includes the following songs:
- Andy Hunter - Come On
- Animal Alpha - Bundy
- Apocalyptica - Life Burns!
- Asian Dub Foundation - Flyover
- Avenged - Sevenfold Beast...
- Billy Talent - Red Flag
- Bloc Party - Helicopter
- Bullet For My Valentine - Hand Of Blood
- The Chemical Brothers - The Big Jump
- CKY - As The Tables Turn
- Comeback Kid - Wake The Dead
- The Dead 60s - Riot Radio
- Dogs - Tuned to a Different Station
- The Doors - Break On Through (To The Other Side) BT vs. The Doors Remix
- Emanuel - The Hey Man!
- Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
- Finch - Ink
- Funeral For A Friend - All The Rage
- Goldfinger - I Want
- Infusion - Better World (Adam Freeland Mix)
- Junkie XL - Today
- LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at My House (Soulwax Shibuya Mix)
- Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure
- Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight To Video (KMFDM Remix)
- Morningwood - Nu Rock
- MxPx - Heard That Sound
- Nine Black Alps - Shot Down
- OK Go - Do What You Want
- Pennywise - Stand Up
- The Academy Is... - Almost Here
- The All-American Rejects - Top Of The World
- The Black Velvets - Fear And Loathing
- The Bravery - An Honest Mistake (Superdiscount Remix)
- The Outline - Shotgun
- The Starting Line - The World
- Thrice - Lullaby
- Timo Maas - First Day (General Midi Remix)
- Tsar - Band-Girls-Money
- Unwritten Law - F.I.G.H.T.
- We Are Scientists - The Great Escape
- Yellowcard - Lights And Sounds
- 2005 – #6 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2005 – PS2 Racing Game of the Year
- 2006 – #5 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox 360 Racing Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Burnout Revenge (Official game website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Operation Burnout (Fan site and resource for all of the Burnout games)
- Wikipedia: Burnout Revenge (Information about Burnout Revenge at Wikipedia)
- X360A achievement guide for Burnout Revenge (X360A's achievement guide for Burnout Revenge)