DescriptionFrom the heart of the Third Reich to the most remote islands in the South Pacific, Sergeant Jack "Butcher" O'Hara and his elite group of gritty soldiers must combine their expertise and venture deep into enemy territory...in an attempt to change the course of the war.
This sequel contains the following enhancements:
- All new 3D engine - rotate the environment 360 degrees and move seamlessly in and out of buildings, submarines, planes, underwater and zoom in and out of the environments.
- Interact like never before - steal enemy uniforms and weapons, climb and swing from cables, jump from windows and utillize vehicles.
- Control 9 commandos - including the green beret, sniper, demolitions expert, seductress, thief and even a dog!
- Authentic WWII scenarios - 10 missions spanning 9 different environments in night and day with realistic weather effects.
- Multiplayer - players can go to war in the co-operative multiplayer mode.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 47 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "盟军敢死队2：勇往直前" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "קומנדו 2: אומץ תחת אש" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Commandos 2: Награда за смелость" -- Russian spelling
- "Commandos 2: Homens de Coragem" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Consoles Plus||Sep, 2002||93 out of 100||93|
|games xtreme||Sep 21, 2002||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Game Chronicles||Nov 09, 2002||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Gamesmania.de||Sep 18, 2002||83 out of 100||83|
|Game industry News (GiN)||2002||80|
|4Players.de||Sep 26, 2002||75 out of 100||75|
|Game Over Online||Nov 30, 1999||72 out of 100||72|
|Gaming Target||Sep 16, 2002||6.9 out of 10||69|
|GameSpy||Nov 19, 2002||68 out of 100||68|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Sep 09, 2002||13 out of 20||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe PC version of Commandos 2: Men of Courage appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ControlsDespite the fact that the PC version has 91 actions bound to hotkeys, the US release (and presumably all others) shipped without a quick reference card. The manual only lists 60 of the keys, scattered over 6 random pages and many of them are wrong. For example, the manual says "J" is Spooky's stealthy syringe attack when in fact "J" removes the enemy uniform he is wearing (generally leading to his speedy death). Veteran gamers might think of pausing the game to look up a needed hotkey in the configuration menu. Unfortunately, the config screen can only be accessed by saving and exiting the current game which then counts against your final mission rating.
Some keys can be identified by right-clicking the action area to see available equipment and the readme file lists most of them correctly but on the whole, unprepared gamers are in for a great deal of frustration before they manage to memorize the important commands.
German versionIn the German version all blood, burning enemies and swastikas were removed. The intro and outo cutscenes were re-cut to remove swastikas, Hitler and war imagery. A detailed list of all changes can be found on schnittberichte.com (German).
SalesIn 2001, Commandos 2 (Windows) won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland
- 2001 - Gold Award
Localisation QA Manager :
Author of Commandos 2: Men of Courage: