DescriptionCrash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex is the first Crash Bandicoot game for a system other than the original PlayStation. The story is set some time after Warped: Dr. Cortex wants revenge after being defeated by Crash (again). For this purpose, he creates Crunch, a super-bandicoot who can destroy everything that crosses his way. So Crash needs to defeat Crunch (and in the end, Dr. Cortex).
The game is a typical jump and run, with some other action passages, like air combat and a sequence where Crash is trapped inside a giant sphere rolling around in some sort of rollercoaster. All graphics are in 3D, and the sound is typical for cartoon games like this. The whole game is pretty straightforward in design, getting stuck on a puzzle is not really possible.
- "Crash Bandicoot: La Vengeance de Cortex" -- French title
- "Crash Bandicoot: La Venganza de Cortex" -- Spanish title
- "Crash Bandicoot: De Wraak van Cortex" -- Dutch title
- "Crash Bandicoot: Der Zorn des Cortex" -- German title
- "Crash Bandicoot 4: Sakuretsu! Majin Power" -- Japanese title
- "Crash Bandicoot 4" -- Informal title
- "CB: WoC" -- Common abbreviation
- "クラッシュ・バンディクー4 さくれつ！魔神パワー" -- Japanese spelling
- "크래쉬 밴디쿳 마와의 부활" -- Korean spelling (Hangul)
Part of the Following Groups
- Crash Bandicoot series
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
|Nothing really Original about it||Mario Duenaz (32)|
|Not as good as Warped||qwertyuiop (33318)|
|4Players.de||Jan 03, 2002||81 out of 100||81|
|Gamesmania.de||Jan 04, 2002||80 out of 100||80|
|GamerDad||Jul 20, 2003||80|
|Peliplaneetta.net||Dec 27, 2001||78 out of 100||78|
|Deaf Gamers||2001||7.5 out of 10||75|
|IGN||Nov 01, 2001||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GameSpot||Nov 01, 2001||6.6 out of 10||66|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 26, 2001||13 out of 20||65|
|PSM||Dec, 2001||6 out of 10||60|
|ITavisen||Dec 20, 2001||3 out of 6||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
PlayStation 2 versionThe PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits version has quicker load times than the original release.
References to the gameThe game didn't sell as well as Universal expected: Eventually the company would reference this in Crash Twinsanity when Dr Cortex confronts a hoard of angry penguins and says "It's been a difficult couple of years Wrath of Cortex didn't sell as well as we'd hope and....Fish?" This is followed by one of the penguins firing a laser gun at Cortex.
- 2002 – #2 Best Xbox Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Official website (Official website)
- Wikipedia: Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (Information about Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex at Wikipedia)