Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
- Innovative mix of action adventure, RPG and landscape
sim elements - create and explore your very own
- Amazing graphics - stunning lighting effects, fluid
movements and jaw-dropping attention to detail
- Explore a variety of incredibly atmospheric locations,
from dark, foreboding caves to magical enchanted forests
- Huge number of characters to interact with
and enemies to defeat
- Epic story takes you on a fantastic
journey that offers up to 50 hours
of in-depth gameplay
It is a time of darkness.
A great evil has been unleashed.You are the only one who can restore
peace and harmony to the world.
Prepare to journey on a magical quest
through strange lands and dark
dungeons, rescuing captives and
rebuilding what has been destroyed.
Your path will not be easy.
But it is sure to be a great adventure...
Contributed by TechSmurfy (850) on Jun 18, 2012.
Revival... of an ancient evil once banished.
- Innovative new gameplay, GEORAMA. Build it - build a customized world. Play it - interact with the world in real-time. Live it - build the worlds and unveil clues and pieces of the storyline.
- Real-time weather and day/time display system - as the time of day changes, everything in the environment changes including interaction with NPCs, environmental elements and other significant events.
- Six playable team members each with their own unique abilities, weapons, skills and strengths.
- Detailed weapons system - the weapons system allows you to change and increase your weapons strength and damage.
- Hundreds of items including magic, treasure, GEORAMA pieces, keys and more.
- Breathtaking graphics and over 60 minutes of cinema-quality cut scenes unfold over 50+ hours of gameplay.
"Dark Cloud is a beautiful action RPG that shows off the expansive power of PS2. With exceptional graphics, the ability to build your own villages and a deep, involving quest, Dark Cloud promises to take your free time and call it its own!" - PSE2 MAGAZINE
Contributed by Corn Popper (69652) on Sep 30, 2002.
Rebirth... of a land once destroyed.
Renewal... of love once lost.
Two great continents, one an advanced civilization driven by progress and technology; the other, where nature is the center of all existence and everyone lives harmoniously side by side. Two cultures that have never had contact with each other... until now.
An ancient evil has been unleashed. Journey on a quest through time to unravel the mysterious tale of the Dark Cloud.
Dark Cloud is an epic RPG which immerses you in a fantastic and atmospheric world. Blending a good old-fashioned battle of good versus evil with an innovative mix of strategy and role playing,Dark Cloud has at its core a compelling storyline.
It is a time of great darkness, untold evil has been unleashed and you are the person chosen to restore peace and order to the land. Your journey will whisk you through strange and magical lands, and dark and ominous dungeons as you busy yourself with rescuing captured citizens and righting the wrongs that have befallen your homeland. Indeed, items discovered along the way must be used to rebuild your destroyed village, which can then be walked around and viewed in full 3D. These and many other elements lift Dark Cloud above the usual RPG fare. Ready yourself for some truly awe-inspiring adventure on PS2!
Contributed by Grant McLellan (544) on Sep 12, 2001.