Spotlight: Get up to 90% off at GOG's big fall sale on over 700 DRM-free games!

Defender (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Dark Lord (46)
Written on  :  Feb 22, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
read more reviews by Dark Lord

Summary

An amazing advance on the classic Atari game.

The Good

This game has amazing graphics, phenomenal gameplay and control, and is overall stunning. I love the advanced storyline and graphics. The sound is amazing as is the levels and missions. There are tons of new enemies and it's in 3-D. No more side scrolling or fake 3-D. This is really, 3600 degree action. No I don't mean 360 degrees. There are some stunning ships. In this game you can save your game and change the difficulty. Play by yourself or against a friend. This game has everything! This is a perfect example of an amazing and challenging game.

The Bad

There is nothing in this game I didn't like. If I could speak for other people though, I'd say the final story sequence is kinda weird when memory crashes the Moon into the Earth. And the commentator can be pretty annoying.

The Bottom Line

Defender is an amazing improvement on the Atari game. It has the most amazing graphics, storyline, sound, and gameplay in any game I've ever played. This is a game that anyone who likes action or sci-fi, games should play. No, everyone should play this game. It's truly the most perfect game ever.