John McClane is back. Many years have passed since his work in New York, and he now works for the Century City Police Department (CCPD) in Los Angeles.
You are in John's shoes as he must face a new threat. Piet Gruber, the son of Hans Gruber and McClane's old enemy, is up to no good at the Townsend Art Museum. He has stolen valuable art and kidnapped John's now adult daughter and fellow CCPD police officer, Lucy.
This game is a First Person Shooter, but it also adds two features: Stealth Mode and Hero Time. Stealth Mode allows John to sneak around quietly, even being able to grab his foes and use them as hostages. This means it may not be best to go in guns blazing, when they could be arrested. Hero Time allows John to react far more quickly, just like Bullet Time in Max Payne
. Hero Time is earned by saving hostages and performing heroic tasks in the game.
There are several different weapons available in the game, ranging from a paintball gun for training to a sniper rifle. Most of the guns can also be used dual for the ultimate killing spree.
- "Die Hard: Stirb Langsam - Vendetta" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There are several changes to the German version of the game:
- Removed blood
- Removed flame textures and cries on burning persons
- Removed smoke when using the "Flame on" or "I got the power" cheat (the flames were not removed)
- Killed enemies disappear almost instantly (including frozen enemies which burst in the original version)
- Arrows from the crossbow disappear after hitting a person
- Disarmed enemies can't be killed without failing the mission
- The bullet cam was removed
A detailed list of changes can be found on schnittberichte.com