Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly (PlayStation 2)

Also For
Written by  :  GNJMSTR (145)
Written on  :  Sep 08, 2004
Platform  :  PlayStation 2

read more reviews by GNJMSTR

Summary

Not what I expected

The Good

Fatal Frame II had a good storyline and it was a good game. There were a lot of extra things to pick up and read. There was more to just walking around and taking pictures of ghosts. You could be a professional in the story just by reading/finding all the files laying around the game, and thats something you should do. Knowing the story of this game is very helpful.

The Bad

Although this game ran pretty smoothly and had a good story, there were some problems I had. The control: The control is analog (which is good), but it isn't as smooth as any other analog game. During camera changes (when you walk to the outside of the screenshot), while you are holding your analog down, the screen changes and the direction you are holding isn't the right one anymore, making the character stop and turn around. A lot of stopping and turning around happened. My # 1 disappointment was the scare factor. I have heard many people say this is the scariest game out there. I went to the store and brought it home scared to play it. I sat down in a completely dark room, with loud surround sound. I was not scared. I got a few jump, but very rarely.

The Bottom Line

I would have to say that if you have played the first Fatal Frame, you may enjoy it. I would have to rate the scare factor 2/5 the control 3/5 and the story 4.5/5