missing cover art
DescriptionGet On Da Mic is a karaoke game based exclusively on Hip-Hop songs. Players have to sing along with the songs as a version plays sung by an amateur singer and the lyrics scroll along on the screen. The singer's voice is adapted based on the player's timing, pitch is not taken into account. The songs are not sung by the original performers, but re-recorded. Scoring is based on the overall timing of the words. The words do not have to be sung correctly. It also registers when random noises are made as long as the timing is correct. As it mostly consists of rap songs, there is a bar and spacing between the words to provide help with the lyrical flow, along with a moving color highlighting the words. Songs can be sung in three difficulty levels. When performing well, a meter is filled up until the rock the mic sequence is activated, adding snow to the location or money falling from the sky.
In the main career mode the player has to make his way up to sing in better venues (starting in the bathroom) with eleven in total. Money earned along the way can be spent on items to customize the character or to buy a mansion and decorate it. Other modes are exhibition (sing any song) and practice (similar to exhibition but without scoring). In the freestyle mode players can rap freely over the beats without the regular vocals. There is also a multiplayer freestyle mode where another player uses the controller to judge the freestyle. There are different characters to choose from, each with their own poses and animations.
The game supports the EyeToy peripheral to replace the graphics with a video image. It supports the microphones bundled with the Karaoke Revolution games and one is bundled with the game. Hand-held Logitech microphones (+ headset) are also available separately.
The included songs are:
- Black Rob - Whoa
- David Banner - Crank It Up
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
- Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up
- DMX - Ruff Ryders' Anthem
- DMX - X Gon' Give It To Ya
- Dr. Dre - Nothing but a G Thang
- Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg - The Next Episode
- Dr. Dre - Wit Dre Day
- J-Kwon - Tipsy
- Jay-Z - Beware of the Boyz
- Joe Budden - Pump It Up
- Kanye West - Jesus Walks
- Kanye West - Through the Wire
- Lil' Flip - Game Over
- Lil' Kim feat. Mr Cheeks - The Jump Off
- M.O.P. feat. Busta Rhymes - Ante Up (Remix)
- Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On
- Missy Elliott - Pass that Dutch
- Missy Elliott - Work It
- Murphy Lee - What Da Hook Gon Be
- N.W.A - Express Yourself
- Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype
- Salt-N-Pepa - Push It
- Sean Paul - Get Busy
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Posse on Broadway
- Snoop Dogg - Beautiful
- Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice
- T.I. - Rubber Band Man
- Talib Kweli - Get By
- The Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama
- The Clipse - Ma, I Don't Love Her
- The Sugarhill Gang - Rapper's Delight
- Tupac Shakur - California Love (Remix)
- Tupac Shakur - Still Ballin (Nitty Remix)
- Unknown - Dude
- Ying Yang Twins - Naggin
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameSpy||Nov 19, 2004||50|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 06, 2004||8 out of 20||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.