The Getaway: Black Monday (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Simon Koetsier (422)
Written on  :  Aug 06, 2010
Rating  :  4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars
read more reviews by Simon Koetsier

Summary

This game is a great mix of driving and shooting

The Good

Many people who haven't played this one or the first one, try to compare it with the GTA series. Set in London, there are many different gameplay types like free roam and racing. What I liked about these types, is that you can play them whenever you want, and that they are very addicting. Moving on to the graphics, I think that they were on of the best ever on the PS2 system. The graphics look very realistic and there's a massive amount of detail in this game. On the other hand, the gameplay is very different compared to similar games. The game focuses on two characters, an ex-criminal and an vigilante cop, which is a great idea. Both can steal cars and shoot people, and can be played in free roam.

The Bad

The only thing which I didn't like is that there is never a hud or display information in the game, which is rather confusing. Someone times you will get lost when chasing someone, and you have to do it all over again.

The Bottom Line

Overall, I think that the sequel of the game has to be one of the best plot driven games i have played in all time. I am pleased with the overall performance.