Forums > Game Forums > God of War II > Bug

DreinIX (10446) on 2/8/2009 2:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Has anyone experienced this before? A way (that works) to deal with it would be greatly appreciated.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 2/8/2009 6:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Never happened to me. BUT!... Most people who have played a pirated version would know that right after this part, there is a famous show-stopping glitch when a boss (Icarus) doesn't show up and you can't continue the game.

It is a known fact that most pirated versions of this game cause all kinds of inexplicable glitches and generally prevent you from finishing the game.

I even heard that SOME original versions have troubles with certain PS2 models and cause some of those glitches, too.

All I can say is that after I bought an original version, I was finally able to play through the whole game and there were no glitches whatsoever. My PS2 is by the way one of the earliest models.

DreinIX (10446) on 2/8/2009 2:06 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JazzOleg wrote--]Never happened to me. BUT!... Most people who have played a pirated version would know that right after this part, there is a famous show-stopping glitch when a boss (Icarus) doesn't show up and you can't continue the game. [/Q --end JazzOleg wrote--]Oh, great. So even if I manage to pass this part there are chances that I won't be able to do so further in the game. Don't you just love being a gamer?

[Q --start JazzOleg wrote--] I even heard that SOME original versions have troubles with certain PS2 models and cause some of those glitches, too.[/Q --end JazzOleg wrote--]Mine is one of those. I bought it second handed but it was in pretty good condition and my PS2 is also one of the earliest models (I think). I wanted to find a solution without having to leave the house :-) but I guess I'll either rent the game or play this part again on a friend's console.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 2/8/2009 3:43 PM · Permalink · Report

So even if I manage to pass this part there are chances that I won't be able to do so further in the game.

Not necessarily. If you have an original version, most chances are that the glitches are not permanent and you'll be able to surpass them if you restart an earlier save.

But of course there is still the small chance that your version and your PS2 are the least compatible ones and cause all the glitches permanently :()

For the record, the original version I bought was a UK PAL release, and it worked without even the smallest glitch.

Awesome game, by the way, isn't it?

DreinIX (10446) on 2/8/2009 6:05 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JazzOleg wrote--]Awesome game, by the way, isn't it? [/Q --end JazzOleg wrote--]Yeah, it's great. I liked GOW's variety and this one offers even more. Though compared to the first one it feels like battles have been toned down a bit in favor of platforming. I'm not saying this is bad. I just think it lacked the intensity of the first one or similar games - which could also be a result of me playing on the easiest difficulty setting so I won't condemn it for that. Overall I enjoyed playing it - at least until the part where I got stuck. I tried to mess with it and the areas around that part and the only thing I managed to do so far was to discover more glitches. :-) Anyway, I guess something will work eventually.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 2/8/2009 6:21 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DreinIX wrote--] Though compared to the first one it feels like battles have been toned down a bit in favor of platforming. [/Q --end DreinIX wrote--] I think there was less platforming GOW II, but it was spread out more evenly. What platforming there was, was watered down quite a bit.