GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Goldeneye (12)
Written on  :  Dec 13, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars
read more reviews by Goldeneye

Summary

Not a bad game, considering

The Good

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent was a kind of welcome change from most other games that I have played; most of the 007 games, for example. Don't get me wrong, but it is refreshing to get to play the bad guy once in a while. I enjoyed the Goldeneye as well. It is actually better than some of the other EA Games as well. I don't think that EA tried to cash in on the name Goldeneye. If that's the case, the same argument could be made for Microsoft cashing in on the game Perfect Dark.

The Bad

The Bad: When I first heard about this game, I figured you would be playing as a free agent who was getting revenge on MI-6 for giving him the axe. Obviously, this isn't the case. Basically, all you are is an agent for another group. It's basically a James Bond game, without James Bond. I mean, all the elements are there; Q (Fransisco Scaramanga), M (Goldfinger), the villain (Dr. No)

The Bottom Line

If someone were to ask me if they should buy Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, I would ask them if they really enjoy James Bond games or FPS, if they said the former, I'd say "No", if they said the latter, I'd say "yes."