DescriptionVice City Stories is a prequel to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2 years earlier) and it is the sequel to Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. Set in 1984, players take on the role of Vic Vance, an army soldier who loves his country, family, and himself. One bad decision turns everything around and he is kicked onto the streets of a tough city. He has to build an empire to survive, or be left to die. Together with his brother Lance, a drug addict, the siblings try to take over Vice City.
Just like other GTA titles, gameplay consists of third-person shooting and driving sequences in an open environment. You will meet new enemies and gangs, and old foes. The missions require you to kill with a selection of weapons, steal vehicles such as a car, a boat, or a plane, rob to make it big, or just to have fun. New features for the portable version include swimming, and side missions such as Air Rescue, Vigilante, Firefighter, and Paramedic.
Similar to San Andreas' gang wars, this title has an Empire mode. To make money, you have to take over businesses from other gangs. By attacking and damaging rival businesses, it will be put up for sale, for you to take over. With a new building constructed, you can then choose an activity such as prostitution, drugs, protection racket, smuggling, robbery, or work as a loan shark. These activities earn money and the location in the city influences the revenue.
Multiplayer is available over Wi-Fi with ten different game modes, either focusing on fighting (Vice City Survivor), businesses (Empire Takedown), racing (Street Rage), stealing/selling (Grand Theft Auto), capture the flag game types, or games centered around a single vehicle such as a tank.
- "俠盜獵車手：罪惡城市" -- Taiwan title
- "GTA: Vice City Stories" -- Informal title
- "GTA:VCS" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- Grand Theft Auto series
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Protagonist: Black
- Protagonist: Gangster
- Theme: Illegal Drugs / Narcotics
|A step back in time and a step back for the series.||Big John WV (25265)|
|Perfect for Misogynist||lasttoblame (393)|
The Press Says
|1UP||Jun 12, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|GotNext||Apr 03, 2007||90|
|TTGamer||Mar 29, 2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Yet Another Review Site (YARS)||Apr 16, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|NZGamer||Mar 22, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Fragland.net||Apr 05, 2007||78 out of 100||78|
|GameCell UK||2007||7 out of 10||70|
|GameDaily||Mar 15, 2007||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamer Within||Apr 13, 2007||6.6 out of 10||66|
|Gaming Age||May 08, 2007||C+||58|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionIn the German version there are a number of changes:
- People on the ground can't be hurt with melee weapons
- All blood effects and decapitations were removed
- There are no bloody tire tracks when driving over a corpse
- Killed people don't leave money behind
- The two body count and the special attacks statistics were removed.
- 2006 – #3 Best PSP Game of the Year
- 2006 – #2 Best Licensed Soundtrack of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2007 - Handheld Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Official game website - Japanese)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Official game website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Information about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories at Wikipedia)