How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Depth Lord (941)
Written on  :  Dec 03, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars4.57 Stars
read more reviews by Depth Lord

Summary

Back to the 80s!

The Good

Lots of things about that game are good, where shall I start?

The 80s feel it's very good, I found myself driving along Vice City and listening to all kinds of 80s music in the radio while gazing at the luxurious neon lights that ornate the city by night, and I said to myself: "Is that a time machine?", needles to say that I was very pleased with the overall atmosphere of the game, from the buildings to the music.

Most of the missions are very fun to play and they aren't repetitive at all, one of the missions towards the end (the one of the bank) it's one of the best missions in a GTA game, it's great.

The graphics are also good, quite realistic and immersive but they weren't a great improve from GTA3.

The engine improvements are also very good, I liked to fly over the city and seeing all the buildings.

The Bad

I found myself swearing a lot while playing the remote control helicopter missions, they are unnecessarily hard and take too much time to get used to them in my opinion, luckily there are just two or three of them.

Also, I missed an option to see the cut-scenes or replay a completed mission.

The Bottom Line

Drive by night while listening to Cutting Crew or have a relaxed evening while flying aboard an helicopter over Vice City and listening to Jan Hammer, in other words get immersed in the 80s.

Lots of amusing missions and hours of playing, a must have!