Indigo Prophecy (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Ocram (8)
Written on  :  Nov 12, 2007
Platform  :  PlayStation 2

read more reviews by Ocram

Summary

Different from the rest...

The Good

+The overall design, atmosphere, and gameplay is unique, plus it really does stand out from the crowd. It’s one big, satisfying interactive movie with a compelling, twisting story that allows you to “bend” the situations.

+An excellent music score that sets the mood and goes well with the widescreen format of the game.

+Interesting, well-voiced characters with great dialogue.

+Exciting action-sequences and tasks that requires the use of the analog sticks and shoulder buttons.

+Multiple endings based on your actions and an auto-save feature for all chapters which allows you to start where you want to change your previous decisions.

+Character models aren’t the greatest but they are utilized effectively for evoking emotion from the player (that means me...I guess).

The Bad

-Becomes quite strange and rushed in the last-half of the game. A big shame because if more care had been implemented as the first half had, this would’ve been the greatest.

-Needed to be longer (this goes along with the first negative).

The Bottom Line

Indigo Prophecy is not a perfect experiment but it shows how so many games under-utilize the capabilities of a video game to evoke emotion or tell a story. In a market full of the same-old FPS’s and action games, IP stands above the rest. I pray that other developers will look to this game and its positive elements. Oh yeah, this game is a worthy addition to your collection...PERIOD!!!