Kingdom Hearts II (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Jacob Gens (1107)
Written on  :  Feb 26, 2007

read more reviews by Jacob Gens

Summary

Best RPG companies crank out another gem.

The Good

I love the free-roam RPG gameplay and detailed level design. I love no text boxes and an option for subtitles and Japanese voice acting. Character development is a big plus since there will be a third game in the making. Also, the game wouldn't have been a success if it wasn't for all the original cast voicing all the Disney characters which really boosted the popularity of the game.

The Bad

The agonzing prologue to the actual game. I know you need to know the back story but it least cut it down to an hour. I thought a lot of levels making a second go around was kind of pointless. I thought they should have gone a different way of introducing the villians. The last thing was the amount of unlockables in the game was way too few. A trailer for the new game was great and all but they could have at least have thrown in some concept art or some alternate endings if you completed certain mini-games.

The Bottom Line

A great wholesome game for everyone. Disney fanatics is a must buy and also for RPG fans. Even people how didn't particularly into this stuff should play the first just to play the second because its that good.