New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

Kingdom Hearts (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Dark Cloud (35)
Written on  :  Jan 06, 2004
Rating  :  4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars

read more reviews by Dark Cloud

Summary

Why didn't this awesome game come out for any other of today's consoles?

The Good

I'm not really much of a Disney fan but I really enjoy this game. The graphics are really nice (as usual), and the soundtrack is very good, in fact, I actually have the Simple and Clean song and the cool battle music stuck in my head as I type this review up. The battle setup is nothing like any of the Final Fantasy games, but it's still fun. I also found it odd but strangely fun that you could go to the worlds of classic Disney movies and have the hero of the world actually join you (if you replace Goofy or Donald with that character anyway) and fight the Heartless creatures and even fight the villain/s of that world. I'd tell you how enjoyable everything else is, but that would literally take forever and you'd probably fall asleep before I finished, I really, really, like this game.

The Bad

This is tough. Actually, I really hated the camera angles in Kingdom Hearts. It's very tough to remember which buttons control them. That about wraps it up.

The Bottom Line

Final Fantasy/Disney fans will really find Kingdom Hearts a very enjoyable experience. Go out and buy it if you really like Final Fantasy and/or Disney or at the very least, rent it. It's a major shame though, that this game hasn't (and probably won't) come out for GameCube or XBox.