Kingdom Hearts (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Helen Wilson (2)
Written on  :  Feb 12, 2004
read more reviews by Helen Wilson

Summary

I KNEW this would be a good game...

The Good

Holy f*ck! They had Sephiroth! And Donald! You don't see a combo like that everyday, that's for sure. I only got this game not too long ago, Christmas to be exact, and I couldn't put it down after I started.

The battle system was great. Hack-and-slash is a lot of fun, and the graphics really brought it to life.

Though I hate H. J. Osment with a passion, I think the voices were wonderful, ranging from Lance Bass (Sephiroth) to Billy Zane (Ansem) and everyone else in between.

The Disney worlds were great. Atlantica was fun. Neverland was fun. Basically, any place where you could move on an upward plane was great.

The characters are very original, as is the plot. It isn't your basic 'prince saves princess', it goes incredibly deep to explain everything that happens. And leaves a lot of questions.

The Bad

THAT STUPID CAMERA!!!! Ugh! I hated it! It made things so hard... It took me 6 tries to glide out on a very small island and get a chest with some puppies in it because of the retard camera. Other than that, I cannot complain about this game.

The Bottom Line

FUN. FUN. FUN. If you don't have it, get it or I'll inflict major pain. Everyone needs this game. There's no way someone could play it and say, 'that sucked.' Disney and Squaresoft--a match made in Hell-- have come together with a large success. All I can say is: I can't wait for KH2.