DescriptionLara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a remake of the original Tomb Raider with a technically more advanced graphics engine. It has the same basic storyline, though some cutscenes and much of the dialogue within have been expanded or modified in other ways. Locations correspond to those of the original version and are accessed in the same order, but have been re-designed with different layouts and mostly completely different puzzles which allow implementation of new moves introduced in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend: swinging on ropes and using a grappling hook at specific points.
Puzzles are generally more focused on acrobatics in this version, ledges being much more prominently featured as a level design element, requiring combinations of jumping and shimmying across them to access areas. This type of gameplay replaces the key-retrieval and block-pushing puzzles of the original almost entirely. Combat is similar to that of the first game, though the player must now manually activate targeting. Some boss fights have been made a separate enclosed stage rather than being part of the exploration as in the original version. These fights may have puzzle-solving elements and often require the player to use Lara's new "adrenaline dodge" ability, which slightly slows down time when the opponent charges at her while in an "enraged" state. Some cutscenes require the player to participate in quick-time events.
There are no PlayStation 2 screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "古墓奇兵：重返禁地" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Tomb Raider: Юбилейное издание" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Enhanced remakes
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Games with in-game developer commentary
- Mythology: Greek
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Protagonist: Female
- Setting: Egyptian
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Atlantis
- Tomb Raider series
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Game Informer Magazine||Jul, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Vgames||Jun 24, 2007||85 out of 100||85|
|Good Game||Jun 19, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Softpedia||Jun 12, 2007||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Pro-G||Jun 01, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeux Vidéo Network||May 17, 2009||16 out of 20||80|
|GameSpy||Jul 16, 2007||80|
|Video Game Talk||Jul 13, 2007||80|
|Good Game||Jun 19, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Play.tm||Jun 18, 2007||78 out of 100||78|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAs it already happened in Legend, once again the folks at Crystal Dynamics take a chance to tip their hat to their own Legacy of Kain series: if you find level 12's relic (The Great Pyramid) you'll unlock the wetsuit Lara wore back in Tomb Raider II, only this time it has a b&w logo on the chest. You might recognize this logo as Raziel's clan symbol.
Related Web Sites
- Apple Games Article -- An article discussing the Macintosh version of Tomb Raider: Anniversary.
- Game Review: Switching to Mac -- A review of Tomb Raider: Anniversary by Ross McKillop at Switching to Mac (September 24th, 2008).
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- Official game website
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- Wikipedia: article in the open encyclopedia
- Official Webpage (Mac) -- The official product page for the Mac version of Tomb Raider: Anniversary on the publisher's website, which provides a trailer, an overview of the locations and tools within the game, desktop wallpapers, a demo, and purchasing information, among other such particulars.