LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PlayStation 2)

4.2
Written by  :  M.Allen (76)
Written on  :  Oct 21, 2006
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars

read more reviews by M.Allen

Summary

It's Brickin' cool!

The Good

T-Tales has done it again. Created a Lego Star Wars game and made it successful. The main thing I love about this game is the vehicle levels. Now the player gets to control where the vehicle goes and it's not on a fixed course. They also managed to make Episode 4 (in which was the dialogue was poor and the lightsaber fight was incredibly boring) an absolute laugh.

When I first heard the game was coming out I suddenly thought "How is Lucasarts going to recreate the I am your father moment?" How they did it was ingenious! I couldn't have done it better myself. This game rocks..sorry, bricks! (I've got worse)

The Bad

The game allows you to bring in the characters from the first game but characters like Jar Jar don't have their super jump skill which makes him totally useless.

For the younger gamers the adaptive difficulty may be a little difficult for them and when enemies are everywhere and you don't have a lightsaber it's nearly impossible to pick yourself up until you wipe them all out.

The Bottom Line

LEGO Star Wars 2 is a must have for fans of the first game. It's got the humor and the classic Star Wars weapons and spirit. In one final message, I say... BUY IT AND ENJOY!!!!