The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (PlayStation 2)

Also For
3.2
Written by  :  Depth Lord (943)
Written on  :  Dec 10, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars3.67 Stars
read more reviews by Depth Lord

Summary

Could have been better but it's interesting to try it.

The Good

The first parts of the book are well transferred to the game, you can notice that in the dialogues from the book that arise from time to time (bear in mind that this game has the license of the book, not the film) also there were some parts where you had to complete simple but amusing quests and there were lots of optional dialogue, so it's not all about killing stuff, and that's good for me.

I liked the music, it's sometimes similar to the one from the film, not so epic but good and fitting.

The Bad

The game tried to take profit from the film while not having the license to it and feels a bit unfinished and made without much care in some levels because some of the places are very simple and could have used some more detail, a bit more of interaction in some bits would have been welcomed, it's also a bit short.

The Bottom Line

I have seen some very bad reviews about this game, but I think this game it's not really that bad...