Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PlayStation 2)

3.2
Written by  :  Mike Fink (3)
Written on  :  Jan 24, 2003
Platform  :  PlayStation 2

read more reviews by Mike Fink

Summary

Capcom delivers another good 2D fighter

The Good

What I liked about this game is the number and variety of fighters. There is a character in here for everyone. I like the super combos that can be easily executed by pushing just two buttons and being able bring your whole team out to do a super combo. I like the three team tag battle because of the strategy that involves and having to adjust to your opponents three characters styles of fighting.

The Bad

I would like to have seen more fighting mode options like a one on one battle. The game is limited to a team of three tag battle.

The Bottom Line

You select a team of three fighters. Each fighter has three attributes that can be selected for when you call them out to assist you in a fight. There are characters from the Marvel comic universe such as Spiderman, The Hulk and X-Men such as Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm and more. Characters from the Capcom universe include fighters from the Street Fighter Series such as Ryu, Guile, Chun Li and other Capcom games like Megaman, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil and more. You can combine fighters from Marvel and Capcom on one team.