DescriptionNeed For Speed: ProStreet is the 11th game in the NFS series. It doesn't just include new and more detailed graphics, it includes a new type of gameplay. The game doesn't have a Free Roam mode (as in Underground 2, Most Wanted or Carbon), but it has an Event Map, similar to Juiced's Event Calendar.
The player's main goal in this game is to become the "King of the street". Nothing new. However, there are no more illegal races in the game - all of the available races are sponsored, and the action takes place on different racing tracks. No more traffic, no more in-town driving.
The game features 2 gameplay modes. Career (you start your "life" as a lowlife race driver and over time you will conquer everyone) and free play (where you can race unlocked cars and unlocked tracks).
As usual, the game includes a jukebox where you can listen to some singles, used by EA as the game's Sound Track. The game also includes new car models, and the classic racing modes except for cop chases, since ProStreet does not promote illegal racing. Also as usual, when you first start the game you will be prompted to create an alias (profile). You can choose which one will be loaded when you start the game again. After creating the alias, you are prompted to choose your difficulty settings.
All versions, except for the PlayStation 2 and Wii, contain online multiplayer modes.
There are no PlayStation 2 screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "NFS:PS" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Automobile: BMW M3
- Automobile: Bugatti Veyron
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Honda NSX
- Automobile: Honda S2000
- Automobile: Koenigsegg CCX
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Pagani Zonda
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- Games with dynamic advertisements
- Need for Speed series
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
|Should not have been released on PS2||Jeremy Petho (290)|
The Press Says
|4Players.de||Nov 22, 2007||75 out of 100||75|
|GameSpy||Jan 09, 2008||70|
|Computer Bild Spiele||Dec 05, 2007||2.66 out of 6||67|
|Middle East Gamers (MEgamers)||Dec 06, 2007||6.6 out of 10||66|
|GameSpot||Nov 13, 2007||6.5 out of 10||65|
|Softpedia||Nov 25, 2007||6.3 out of 10||63|
|PSX Extreme||Dec 29, 2007||6.2 out of 10||62|
|IGN||Nov 13, 2007||6.2 out of 10||62|
|PlayFrance||Dec 03, 2007||6 out of 10||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 23, 2007||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaRussian distributor Soft Club unveiled the release date and the name of the game in February 2007. This was likely a mistake, as Electronic Arts did not reveal or confirm the title until 31st May 2007.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Need for Speed: ProStreet - Wikipedia (open encyclopedia page)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Need for Speed: Prostreet.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.