Nightshade Ad Blurbs (PlayStation 2)
Advertising BlurbsPress release (12th May 2003):
- Fly higher, move faster, and dole out even more damage as "Kunoichi"
- Enhanced combat system provides greater depth, all-new attacks, and intense aerial action
- Improved "Tate" system supports unlimited combos and a wider variety of attacks
- Unique scenarios allow you to fight atop fighter jets, moving trains, and industrial cranes
- Perform combos to fill the new "Chakra Gauge" in order to perform powerful ninja magic
- Use consecutive stealth dashes to surround your opponents and unleash the deadly "Shadow Dance"
KUNOICHI (working title)Platform:
PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system [This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America]
Developer: Overworks, a SEGA® development studio
Ship: North America: Q3 2003
Japan: Q3 2003
This "side story" to SEGA's popular "Shinobi™" invites players to live out the events following Hotsuma's victory over Hiruko's evil minions. But like all things, victory is fleeting, and an evil such as Hiruko's is not so easily vanquished. Just as Tokyo begins the slow and tedious process of repairs, a new rift opens between Earth and the demon realm. Unwilling to take such supernatural threats lightly, the Japanese government enlists the talents of "Kunoichi," a skilled female ninja with a keen understanding of both martial and mystical arts. As Kunoichi, players will battle countless demonic foes within a wide assortment of unique urban environments spanning rooftops, construction sites, industrial factories, and more.
Contributed by Sciere (415442) on Mar 23, 2006.
- Play as Hibana, the sleek and deadly ninja heroine.
- Intense non-stop combat action with devastating mid-air assaults and defense maneuvers.
- Test your ninja skills in Story, Time-Attack, and Survival Modes.
- Destroy evil and restore health with powerful Ninja Magic.
- Invoke a ghost-image decoy to surprise enemies in the Stealth Dash Attack.
- Endless enemies will be destroyed instantly with the mighty Tate Attack.
As menacing demons and monsters fill the city of Tokyo, panicked government officials call upon the extreme cunning and power of a new ninja talent named Hibana. The amazing skills of this young female fighter earned her respect at an early age and she was offered masterful training from one of the Oboro Clan's most esteemed warriors. With sharp precision and incredible speed, Hibana battles fierce enemies atop a moving fighter jet, trucks, and more, while narrowly dodging enemy missiles. Her mastery of the ancient Tate Attack allows her to slay an unlimited number of enemies at once. With the Stealth Dash, she leaves her shadowy likeness behind as she runs circles around her lumbering enemies, which confuses them and makes them vulnerable to her fatal sword blows. Hibana alone must power through 13 incredible, destructible environments to defeat hordes of Hellspawn newly awakened by the ancient Akujiki curse.
Contributed by Kartanym (10704) on Mar 15, 2006.
- Unleash chain attacks to destroy countless enemies
- Crush evil with powerful Ninja Magic
- Execute devastating mid-air assaults and defense maneuvers
- Fight atop fighter jets, moving trucks, and more
A new rift opens between Earth and the evil realm...
Unwilling to succumb to the demonic forces threatening Tokyo, the people enlist the talents of Hibana. With her sword in hand, she alone must battle legions of Hellspawn and return peace to earth.
Contributed by breakyboy (1560) on Mar 05, 2006.