DescriptionLive the life of Hugh Hefner in this "Virtual Hef" simulation.
As a young Hugh Hefner, it is the player's goal to build the Playboy empire through sexy parties and putting together Playboy magazine every month. Build friendships and business contacts with celebrities, political figures, musicians, sports stars and more through hosting events and charming over people.
On the business side, Hef has to hire a staff to take photos and write articles for the magazine. The "Playboy Photoshoot" mode allows the player to take the role of photographer. On the personal side, invite friends into your inner circle, and find a girlfriend... or two.... or more. The better the parties Hef throws, the more fame he gets, as well as more interesting people to fill the magazine. More money means a larger staff, and more items (toys and furniture) for Hef to display in the Mansion.
Doing well in the game earns Hef points which can be used to purchase extra features, such as cheats and archive photos of Hef and past issue covers.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 20 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "花花公子：豪宅" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- Advertising / Product tie-ins / Advergames
- Gameplay feature: Photography
- Middleware: Gamebryo/Lightspeed/NetImmerse
- Playboy the Mansion series
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|IGN||Jan 21, 2005||6.9 out of 10||69|
|GameZone||Feb 21, 2005||6.6 out of 10||66|
|GamePlasma||Apr 16, 2005||6.4 out of 10||64|
|GameSpot||Jan 28, 2005||6.3 out of 10||63|
|GameSpy||Jan 28, 2005||60|
|GamersMark||Feb 25, 2005||5.7 out of 10||57|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 02, 2005||9 out of 20||45|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Oct 21, 2005||4 out of 10||40|
|Gamestyle||2005||4 out of 10||40|
|PSX Extreme||Feb 07, 2005||2 out of 10||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaA companion soundtrack audio CD for the game was released by Koch Records in January 2005, mixed by Felix the Housecat. Tracklist:
- Armand Van Helden - Fly Away Love
- DJ Sneak - Wickeddy Beats
- Steve Porter - Swanky
- High Caliber - Shakedown
- Mark Knight - The Groove
- Kasade - Strong
- Michael Burns - Corrective Tones (Matthew Dekay Remix)
- Miles Maeda - So Hot
- Mazi & Lori - Your Touch
- Johnny Fiasco - Mocha Disko
- Ray Roc Presents - Jungle Kisses (10" Raw Sax Dub)
- Felix da Housecat - Do Me What I Do
Related Web Sites
- Playboy: The Mansion (official website)
- GameSpy's Playboy: The Mansion PC Cheats (Unlockable Items, Areas, Outfits and Tools)
- Let's Play Advergames (judge reinhold's playthrough of several advergames, including this one, on the Let's Play Archive)
- Playboy - The Mansion (Official European publisher's website)
- Playboy: The Mansion (The Official Website.)
- Wikipedia: Playboy: The Mansion (Information about Playboy: The Mansion at Wikipedia)