DescriptionPsi-Ops is an action game with a twist: no longer do you have to rely solely on big weapons and explosions to progress through it - you also have the aid of psychic powers to take down army after army of enemy soldiers.
In the game you take the role of Nick Scryer, a secret agent who had his face reconstructed and mind wiped clean in order to infiltrate a growing psychic organization calling itself The Movement. Nick, however, is captured, but manages to free himself and continue his mission to stop The Movement, regaining his psychic abilities along the way.
The game mixes regular weapons with the weapons of the mind. You'll have access to a series of mind powers, such as Telekinesis (the ability to fling object and soldiers around), Pyrokineses (the ability to set things on fire), Mind Drain (for draining Psi power out of foes' minds) and Remote Viewing (leaving your body behind and exploring the level).
There are no PlayStation 2 screenshots for this game.
There are 24 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "超能力战警" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Psi-Ops: Врата разума" -- Russian spelling
- "Psi-Ops: Psychic Warrior" -- Japanese title
- "ESPionage" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
|What a great, underrated and overlooked game!||EboMike (3009)|
|Essentially, you'll only love this game for its "psi" abilities.||Reborn_Demon (124)|
The Press Says
|Game Informer Magazine||Jul, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|GameZone||Jun 23, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|4Players.de||Oct 16, 2004||85 out of 100||85|
|Softpedia||May 21, 2006||8.4 out of 10||84|
|GameSpot||Jun 14, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|videogamer.com||Sep 30, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|1UP||Jun 13, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jul 14, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|UOL Jogos||Jun 07, 2004||80|
|Game Revolution||Jun, 2004||B||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesPsi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
German versionThere a number of changes when playing the game with German language settings:
- All blood and gore effects were removed. However, there are a few scenes which are still bloody.
- The ragdoll effects on corpses were removed.
- When using the PSI ability mind control, it is no longer possible to force enemies into committing suicide.
Japanese versionThe cover for the Japanese version of the game features artwork by the former SNK artist (who later joined Capcom) Toshiaki Mori, known by fans as Shinkiro.
ReferencesNick Scryer's last name was originally going to be "Geller." This is a reference to Uri Geller, a famous magician who claims to be psychic.
MusicAn instrumental version of "With my Mind" can be heard in the elevator of the fifth stage.
Target releaseA "bonus" version of the game can be found at Target stores. It contains a music CD featuring the game's theme song, "With My Mind," and three other songs by Cold.
Information also contributed by Karthik KANE and M4R14N0
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Xequted chats with Brian Eddy, Project Lead, about the game. (Aug. 11, 2004))
- Psi-Ops Game (Official Web Site)
- Psi-Ops PC site (Official PC site)
- Wikipeidia: Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Information about Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy at Wikipedia)
Project & Design Lead: