DescriptionThe Punisher is a third person action game that pits the player against the darkest scum of the Marvel Comics' universe. With over a dozen grimy New York locales, this superhero adaptation embraces the feel of the 30 year comic series.
Featuring loads of weapons, brutal environmental kills and an innovative new interrogation engine where the player controls every last aspect of over 70 torture scenarios, the Punisher provides a rich gaming experience for fans of dark, intense action.
Story written by comics authors Garth Ennis and Jimmy Palmiotti.
There are no PlayStation 2 screenshots for this game.
There are 40 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "惩罚者" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "The Punisher. Каратель" -- Russian spelling
- "The Punisher: O Justiceiro" -- Brazilian title
- "Il Punitore" -- Italian title
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Quick Time Events / QTEs
- Marvel licensees
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Punisher licensees
|Great Torture Simulator, Average Game||Terrence Bosky (5232)|
The Press Says
|games xtreme||Apr 19, 2005||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Gaming Target||Feb 01, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Jan 14, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpy||Jan 25, 2005||70|
|GameSpot||Jan 19, 2005||6.6 out of 10||66|
|GamePro (US)||Jan 24, 2005||3 out of 5||60|
|1UP||Feb 12, 2005||6 out of 10||60|
|UOL Jogos||Feb 02, 2005||60|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 14, 2005||11 out of 20||55|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Apr 14, 2005||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThere was some controversy in the US when the ESRB threatened to award the game an AO rating. Later, THQ decided to tone down the game by making the "Special Interrogation" scenes black-and-white. Because of this, the game was rated M.
Related Web Sites
- The Punisher (Official Web Site)
- The Punisher Archive (A good Punisher resource site.)
- Wikipedia: The Punisher (Information about The Punisher at Wikipedia)