Advertising BlurbsBack of Case:
NOW IS THE TIME FOR REVOLUTION!
- COMPETE IN SIX DIFFERENT GAME TYPES, INCLUDING DEATHMATCH, TEAM-BASED CAPTURE THE FLAG, AND THE ALL-NEW ELIMINATION.
- DEVELOP YOUR CHARACTER'S COMBAT SKILLS IN A NEWLY DESIGNED SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN. ADVANCED CHARACTERS CAN BE SAVED AND USED TO BATTLE IN SPLIT-SCREEN COMPETITIONS.
- CHALLENGE UP TO 3 OTHER FRIENDS FOR INTENSE QUAD-SCREN ACTION.
- WREAK HAVOC THROUGH 30 CHALLENGE ARENAS INCLUDING MAPS DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR PLAYSTATION 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
- ARM YOURSELF WITH 12 WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, INCLUDING CHAIN GUN, GRENADE LAUNCHER, ROCKET LAUNCHER AND BFG.
Contributed by Corn Popper (69521) on Nov 21, 2002.
YOU HAVE SPENT AN ETERNITY FIGHTING IN THE ARENAS OF THE VADRIGAR, ONLY THE STRICT DEVOTION TO A SINGLE MANTRA - KILL OR BE KILLED - KEEPS YOU ALIVE. HOWEVER, THE UNRELENTING BATTLE HAS MADE YOU MORE POWERFUL THAN YOUR CAPTORS COULD EVER IMAGINE. YOU WILL BE IMPRISONED NO LONGER AND THE ROAD TO FREEDOM WILL BE PAYED WITH THE BLOOD OF YOUR OPPRESSORS.
Quake 3 brings the electric action of the first person shoot-'em-up to PlayStation 2. But the difference here is that the pace steps up a gear - the game's developers have worked hard to deliver everything you thought the Quake series could deliver, and more. The idea is to develop your combat skills as you fight to escape the Arena Eternal, a chillingly atmospheric, cyber-gothic environment. While you can progress through the single player mode to really hone your fighting skills, the real test comes when you take on your friends in the multi-player option. Can you hold your own in the definitive, fast and furious Deathmatch? Or how about testing your mettle in the Elimination arena? With a variety of deadly weapons at your disposal, here's hoping survival will be yours.
Contributed by Grant McLellan (545) on Sep 11, 2001.