DescriptionMiami in the '80s: gangs, drugs and hookers dominate the scene and a Cuban called Tony Montana rises up to be the most powerful drug dealer, controlling the whole of Miami. This is the story of the 1983 movie Scarface in which Tony Montana dies during a attack from a rival gang on his mansion at the end. The game now puts the player in the shoes of Tony a few moments before the gang hits his office.
After he successfully defends his mansion, his empire lies in ruins. But Tony wouldn't be Tony Montana if he would just give up, so it is the player's goal to reclaim Miami once again. To do so, he has to earn money and respect. The only way to earn money in Miami is to deal drugs. At the beginning the stuff is bought in small amounts and personally sold to the dealers. Eventually, however, Tony can set up so-called "Fronts" which are legitimate shops (like a car seller) in which drugs are sold in very large amounts. By overtaking "Fronts", Tony also increases his control over the current district of Miami. To completely overtake one part of town, all the enemy gangs scattered around in small groups must be eliminated.
After a deal, Tony has to launder the money at the local bank and have it transferred to his account. He then can buy "exotics" for his mansion like an expensive vase or a new car with a driver.
When talking with a dealer or trying to get cop heat down, the player has to play a mini-game that determines if Tony is successful and if so, how much he gets for the drugs or how much heat he loses.
Respect is earned by increasing Tony's territory, buying exotics and earning "balls" in fights and while driving. The enemies have different target zones which give a different amount of balls on a hit. This also fills up Tony's 'ball-meter". Once this is full he can enter a kind of god mode in which he is invulnerable and has unlimited ammo. Tony also gets health when killing someone in this mode. If he is driving a car he gets balls when making stunts like driving on the wrong side of the road or dodging an incoming car.
As in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the player is free to roam the city of Miami and there are also some side-missions with racing events.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 53 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Scarface: Człowiek z Blizną" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Gameplay feature: Chainsaws
- Gameplay Feature: House Ownership
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- Germany Criminal Code confiscations (§131: Excess Violence)
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- Inspiration: Movies
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- Protagonist: Gangster
- Scarface licensees
- Setting: City - Miami
- Theme: Illegal Drugs / Narcotics
|The World Is Yours||Lawnmower Man (145)|
|Play.tm||Nov 06, 2006||81 out of 100||81|
|UOL Jogos||Oct 12, 2006||4 out of 5||80|
|GameSpy||Oct 09, 2006||80|
|Eurogamer.de||Oct 20, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|PSX Extreme||Dec 28, 2006||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Game Revolution||Oct 17, 2006||B||75|
|GameSpot||Oct 10, 2006||6.4 out of 10||64|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 23, 2006||12 out of 20||60|
|Play Magazine||2006||5 out of 10||50|
|Diehard GameFan||Oct 20, 2006||4.5 out of 10||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a few changes in the German version:
- The blood effects were heavily reduced and the gore effects completely removed.
- In the original version, the game displays where the player has hit the enemy, e.g. an arm. This was removed.
- The chainsaw and one associated level were completely removed.
- 2006 – #3 Best Licensed Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Scarface: The World is Yours (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Scarface: The World Is Yours (Information about Scarface: The World Is Yours at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.