Shadow of Rome Ad Blurbs (PlayStation 2)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - PlayStation 2 (UK):
- As Agrippa, fight to the death in gladiatorial combat. Use swords, bows, even severed limbs. The more brutal you are, the more the crowd will help you.
- Race chariots in the fastest, most fatal sport in ancient history.
- As Octavianus, sneak through the senate gathering clues, solving puzzles and donning disguises. The fate of Rome rests on you not getting caught.
ROME, 44 B.C. - A PLACE OF VIOLENCE,
THE GREAT CITY IS IN CHAOS. Julius Caesar, the emperor, has been murdered. The evidence points to the father of the great soldier Agrippa. But the evidence, like so much in Rome, is not what it seems.
CORRUPTION AND DEADLY SHADOWS.
To save his father, Agrippa must conquer the bloody gladiatorial arenas. While he fights, Agrippa's friend Octavianus tried to uncover who is really behind Caesar's death using stealth and intellect. Two different stories, one epic tale, set in the shadow of Rome...
Contributed by TechSmurfy (918) on May 29, 2012.
- Ancient Rome comes to vivid life in this epic adventure
- Take part in breathtaking gladiatorial contests, wielding authentic Roman weaponry
- Sneak around the halls of power of Ancient Rome, gathering clues and information
Contributed by Xoleras (66841) on Mar 02, 2005.
There are many theories regarding the decline of the Roman Empire, from lead poisoning to good old-fashioned decadence, but the untimely death of Julius Caesar is often seen as the start of the rot. The uncertain times that followed his murder provide the setting for Capcom's latest, an epic journey through the heart of Ancient Rome that takes in spectacular gladiatorial combat, chariot racing, covert investigations and more besides.
Shadow of Rome initially features two playable characters, each with his own distinctive style, and the game switches between the two as the story progresses. Agrippa is a brawny soldier whose father is in the frame for Caesar's murder and due to be publicly executed in a matter of days. To try and save his father, Agrippa embarks on a grisly quest to carve himself out a career as a gladiator and become champion before his father's execution.
Gladiatorial bouts take place in a variety of arenas, with animals, raised platforms, and all manner of obstacles keeping things interesting. The game doesn't stray away from the brutality and bloodlust of gladiatorial combat; expect savage bouts of fighting, loss of limbs, gruesome deaths, and plenty of bloodletting as Agrippa hacks, chops, and slices his way to the top of the gladiatorial pile.
Agrippa is not alone is quest, however. He's joined by his best friend Octavianus, who you could call the brains of the operation. While Agrippa's dissecting enemies for the pleasure of assembled crowds, Octavianus is doing a bit of sleuthing around Ancient Rome with a view to identifying Caesar's real killer.