LinkLink from The Legend of Zelda is an exclusive playable character for the Nintendo GameCube version. This is the second gaming series that he has broken away from the adventure-style gaming to be a playable character in a fighting game. The first series was Super Smash Bros.
Todd MacFarlaneThe character Necro, who appears in all three console versions of Soul Calibur II, was created by Todd McFarlane for the game. He also created Spawn, who is exclusive to the Xbox version.
YoshimitsuWhile the Heihachi (in the PS2 version) and Yoshimitsu characters are from the Tekken series, the Soul Calibur version of Yoshimitsu is considered to be from another time, and is in no way related to the Tekken Yoshimitsu, even though they share the same look, moves, and background (both are leaders of the Manji party, a Robin Hood-esque group, and both are missing their right arms).
- 2003 – #10 Game of the Year (together with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time)
- 2003 – #3 GameCube Game of the Year
- 2003 – #7 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2003 – GameCube Fighting Game of the Year
- 2003 – Xbox Fighting Game of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2003 - Runner-up to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox Game of the Year 2002
Contributed by CaptainCanuck (1062) on Sep 26, 2004. [revised by : MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89481)].