Star Wars Battlefront™ II adds all-new space combat, playable Jedi characters, and never-before-seen environments straight out of Star Wars:Episode III Revenge of the Sith.
Back of Case - Playstation 2 (U.S.) Greatest Hits Edition:
Fans of the original Star Wars Battlefront will also enjoy a new single-player experience that takes players through an epic, story-based saga centering on Darth Vader's elite 501st Legion of Stormtroopers.Every action you make impacts the battlefront -- and the fate of the Star Wars galaxy.
- Revamped single-player experience includes smarter AI enemies and allies, plus a greater emphasis on story told through open-ended mission-based objectives.
- New space battles allow you to dogfight in X-Wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters and several other starcraft, or fight it out on foot aboard an enemy capital ship.
- Special opportunities throughout the game for players to wield a lightsaber and use their favourite Force powers as a Jedi.
- More than 16 new battlefronts on land and in space, including many from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space battle above Coruscant.
- All-new classic trilogy locations including the Death Star interior, classic space battles and the fight aboard the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Online multiplayer action for up to 32 players.
- Created by critically acclaimed developer Pandemic Studios (Star Wars Battlefront , Mercenaries )
Contributed by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11120) on Oct 08, 2010.
FIGHT MORE OF THE GREATEST STAR WARS® BATTLES ANY WAY YOU WANT
FIGHT ON THE FRONT LINES WHERE EVERY WEAPON AND VEHICLE IS YOURS. AND NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II LETS YOU...
- FIGHT AS A JEDI
Earn the ability to wield a lightsaber and use force powers like Yoda, Darth Vader and many other heroes and villains.
- BATTLE IN SPACE
Dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters and other classic starships, or land your ship on a Star Destroyer and fight it out on foot aboard enemy ships.
- PLAY 16 NEW LOCATIONS
Battle across Star Wars: Episode III environments such as Utapau, Mustafar and the epic space battle over Coruscant.
- ENGAGE IN MASSIVE ONLINE BATTLES
THE BEST-SELLING STAR WARS® GAME OF ALL TIME!
Contributed by Big John WV (24985) on Feb 17, 2009.
The sequel to the popular Battlefront video game is here! Fans of the original game have a lot to look forward to with this hotly anticipated follow-up for Playstation Portable includes 3 campaigns exclusive to PSP. Fight as a Rebel Raider, Imperial Enforcer or Rogue Assassin:
www.software-pyramide.com - PlayStation 2 (German):
• Revamped single-player experience includes smarter AI enemies and allies, plus a greater emphasis on story told through open-ended mission-based objectives.
• New space battles allow you to dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters and several other starcraft, or fight it out on foot aboard an enemy capital ship.
• Special opportunities throughout the game for players to wield a lightsaber and use their favorite Force powers as a Jedi.
• More than 13 new battlefronts on land and in space, including many from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space battle above Coruscant.
• All-new classic trilogy locations including the Death Star interior, classic space battles and the fight aboard the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
• Created by critically acclaimed developer Pandemic Studios (Star Wars Battlefront, Mercenaries).
Contributed by Lampbane (1957) on Jan 06, 2009.
"Star Wars Battlefront 2" wird den Erfolg des Star Wars-Bestsellerhits "Star Wars Battlefront" fortsetzen. Diesmal werden die massiven Schlachten auch im Weltall ausgetragen, und auch aus den Filmen bekannte Jedi-Helden kannst du jetzt steuern - eine Tatsache, mit der Entwickler Pandemic und LucasArts den Fanwünschen und Anregungen Rechnung trägt. Star Wars Battlefront 2 heisst: Erlebe massive Episode 3-Schlachten, auf DEINE Art! Features: * Spielbare Jedis: Verdiene Dir die Gelegenheit, als Yoda, Darth Vader oder einer von vielen anderen Jedis, Dein Lichtschwert oder Deine Machtkämpfe sprechen zu lassen. * Gigantische Raumschlachten: Steig in Deinen X-Wing, TIE-Fighter und die anderen Raumjäger oder entere ein Kommandoschiff um es von innen heraus zu bekämpfen. * Mehr als 16 neue Fronten: Kämpfe an neuen Schauplätzen aus Star Wars: Episode III - auf Utapau oder Mustafar und in der epischen Schlacht im Weltall über Coruscant.
Contributed by Xoleras (66394) on Nov 03, 2008.
Engage in massive surface battles and ship-to-ship combat in a galaxy far, far away.
Pandemic Studios' second instalment of its acclaimed Star Wars Battlefront series, like that
of the original movie trilogy, is set to become a fan favourite. Capturing the drama and epic
conflict of George Lucas' inspired setting, SWB II brings the fight home and online for up to
24 players on PlayStation 2.
Attention to detail and scale make this game a joy to behold, with 16 incredible new
battlefronts such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space above Coruscant, as well as the
Death Star interior and Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of
the original Star Wars.
- Play as Rebels, Imperials, CIS and Clone Troopers
- Dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters, or fight it out on foot aboard an enemy
- Revamped single-player experience includes smarter AI, plus a greater emphasis on
Contributed by DreinIX (9426) on Feb 29, 2008.
The Ultimate Star Wars Celebration Rocks the Galaxy Nov. 1 With Simultaneous Debuts of Revenge of the Sith DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II Game
Wide Array of Revenge of the Sith DVD Special Features Plus the Addition of Space Combat and Playable Jedi in Star Wars Battlefront II Bring a New Level of Adventure and Excitement to the Star Wars Galaxy
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (July 26, 2005) - The epic intergalactic adventure of the Star Wars saga is finally complete, and audiences can celebrate the unforgettable fun and thrills of STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH when the year's biggest box-office hit debuts Nov. 1 from Fox Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm Ltd. The simultaneous release of Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the best-selling Star Wars video game of all time, makes Nov. 1 a milestone day in Star Wars history.
The two-disc REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD will include a brand-new, full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd.; two new featurettes - one exploring the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, the other providing an in-depth look at the movie's eye-popping stunts; and a 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking "web documentaries."
"REVENGE OF THE SITH gave audiences an extraordinary experience, and we want this DVD to do the same," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. "From the beginning of production, George wanted to be sure we chronicled everything that went into the making of Episode III specifically to create an incredible DVD experience. This DVD has literally been three years in the making, and it's going to be a fantastic way to complete the Star Wars saga at home."
Adding to the in-home Star Wars adventure is the release on Nov. 1 of the eagerly anticipated Star Wars Battlefront II from LucasArts - the sequel to the best-selling Star Wars video game of all time. Star Wars Battlefront II adds all-new space combat, playable Jedi characters, and never-before-seen environments straight out of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The game will be released for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Windows platforms and Sony PSP. Fans of the original Star Wars Battlefront will also enjoy an all-new single-player experience that takes players through an epic, story-based saga centering on Darth Vader's elite 501st Legion of Stormtroopers where every action the player takes impacts the battlefront and, ultimately, the fate of the Star Wars galaxy.
The REVENGE OF THE SITH DVD will offer access to a special Xbox-playable demo of two entire levels from LucasArts' Star Wars Battlefront II.
"The combination of Revenge of the Sith on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II makes Nov. 1 a watershed day for Star Wars fans. It's really going to be a terrific celebration of the entire saga," Ward said.
In addition to its debut in the U.S. and Canada, Revenge of the Sith debuts on DVD in most major territories around the world on or about the same day.
The DVD release of STAR WARS: EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH marks the first time that fans can own all six episodes of the saga. "After seeing REVENGE OF THE SITH, moviegoers around the world told us that they immediately wanted to watch Episode IV to see how the entire saga comes together, and now they'll be able to do just that, making the Star Wars experience richer and more exciting than ever," Ward said.
In REVENGE OF THE SITH, the Clone Wars rage, widening the rift between Chancellor Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid) and the Jedi Council. Young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker ( Hayden Christensen) is caught in the middle, his allegiances torn. Seduced by promises of power and temptations of the dark side, he pledges himself to evil Darth Sidious, becoming Darth Vader. Together, the Sith Lords set in motion a plot of revenge against the Jedi. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) tries to turn Anakin back to the light side, leading to a climactic lightsaber battle that will decide the fate of the galaxy.
More than 7,000 pages of information about the Star Wars saga can be found at http://www.starwars.com
Lucasfilm Ltd. is one of the world's leading film and entertainment companies. Founded by George Lucas in 1971, it is a privately held, fully integrated entertainment company. In addition to its motion picture and television productions, the company's global businesses include Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound; LucasArts Entertainment; Lucas Licensing; and Lucas Online. Lucasfilm's feature films have won 19 Oscars and its television projects have won 12 Emmy Awards.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment International are operating units of Fox Filmed Entertainment, a News Corporation Company.
Contributed by Kartanym (10795) on Feb 14, 2006.