Stretch Panic (PlayStation 2)

Teen
Gameplay
3.1
Written by  :  powerstone05 (349)
Written on  :  Aug 14, 2013
Rating  :  2.67 Stars2.67 Stars2.67 Stars2.67 Stars2.67 Stars
read more reviews by powerstone05

Summary

Great Idea, Bad Implementation

The Good

As someone who likes the more toony elements in games, stories, and characters, I must admit the odd premise of having a demonically possessed scarf that can pinch and deform the environment caught my attention fast. Also in a unique departure from games I've played in the past, the game pretty much consists of just 12 bosses. For an early PS2 game, I also liked the graphics, vivid colors and a very interesting filter effect for the central museum hub.

The Bad

The big no-no here: Controls. Gameplay is difficult and awkward at first as you have to use both analog sticks to control Linda and her scarf respectively. Also you have hold several buttons to do some moves, including the essential 'Bomb' attack. Another thing is the point system. I felt it was not needed at all and would have been better without it. Last but not least, I felt the game was too short. For the gameplay involved, I felt there should have been more, like actual levels, or more of a storyline which doesn't really advance at all during the game besides saving your sisters one by one.

The Bottom Line

This is another one of those "weird" games to come out of Japan. Think 'Katamari'-weird and you're on your way.