How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Tekken 5 (PlayStation 2)

Written by  :  Alex Donovan (3)
Written on  :  Jun 27, 2005
Platform  :  PlayStation 2
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Alex Donovan

Summary

Good If you like fighting games

The Good

I liked the ability to do combos or advanced users. The graphics in this game are awesome in comparison to other Tekken games.The destructible level's are pretty cool, but they don't actually break, they just dent. I also love the little mini game within, a 3D game where your the Tekken series main character Jin.

The Bad

If you're a button masher, you may not enjoy this game as much as others would, especially if your going against an advanced a player. There is a rather strong learning curve to this game, so if you don't have patience your not going to succeed. The difference between the female characters isn't enough in my opinion. I mean they are pretty much the same character, just different skins and styles, same basic moveset though.

The Bottom Line

Should you play this game or not? Well if you like a good fighting game with lots of opportunity or you are just a fan of Tekken games, you will love Tekken 5. I mean, good combo's lots of moves, neat characters.. Good stuff! But if you are a button masher, don't worry you can still succeed, just not as well as you would hope. If your not a fan of the Tekken games, you may not be so well adjusted to this game. Overall, I'd say an awesome game from Namco again.Hard to believe, from Pacman to Tekken 5.. I sense a bit of change there.