Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2004 is the most comprehensive and competitive golf game available. You’ll create and build the ultimate golfer to compete against others and dominate the world. Whether you play the prestigious PGA TOUR courses or the original challenges, there is something for every golf fan in this game. Continuing its exclusive partnership with the PGA TOUR and the world's most famous golfer, Tiger Woods, this game delivers the most realistic golf simulation for fans of console golf.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (12138) on Jun 23, 2010.
He might be without a major title for the first time in ages, but his game's still got it
- 19 courses, including St. Andrews, Pebble Beach and TPC Sawgrass
- New Create-A-Golfer mode lets you build a highly detailed swinger
- New PGA Tour pros include Justin Rose and John Daly
- New World Tour mode allows you to travel the globe unlocking new golfers, cash and equipment as you go
- Actual PGA Tour events appear at correct time of year, thanks to the PS2's internal clock
The best golf game on PS2 gets better this year, with the addition of new courses and features. Famous layouts such as St. Andrews, Royal Birkdale, TPC Sawgrass and Pebble Beach are joined by a generous helping of fictitious courses.
This time out you'll be able to play as yourself, thanks to a detailed Create-A-Golfer mode that enables the player to adjust and edit all physical attributes. And playing well in tournaments unlocks new equipment and clothing that will ensure your player turns out in style, wherever he plays on the new World Tour mode.
Further new features include Stableford scoring - a favourite with club players everywhere - and the surprise appearance of real PGA Tour events at the correct time of year. At the heart of the game, the Total Precision Swing system remains, enabling you to draw or fade the ball using the analogue stick.
Contributed by DreinIX (9425) on Apr 15, 2008.
- Use the EA Sports Game Face feature to change the physical characteristics of your in-game self to an unprecedented level.
- Take your golfer through a 52-week World Tour to earn sponsorships and money in Career mode.
- Rub elbows with top pros, including Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Justin Leonard, John Daly and Adam Scott.
- Play on real-world courses like Bethpage Black, Pinehurst No. 2, Pebble Beach Golf and St. Andrews.
- Connect with a Game Boy Advance (with or without the GBA version of the game) to make new accessories available in the game's pro shop.
Think you can take Tiger?
Le Tigre is back with all-new game modes, more in-depth character creation and nearly endless golfing challenge.
Already the most realistic plug-in-and-play golfing sim available, the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series rises another notch on the realism scale in its 2004 edition with new customization options, new courses and ties to real PGA Tour events.
When it comes to the game's simple yet elegant analog swing, EA Sports has wisely chosen to leave well enough alone. However, much muscle has been added to the already impressive menu of modes. On the simulation side are traditional rules such as Match, Skins and Stroke. Scenario mode returns with even more one-off challenges.
New this year are Stableford, Best Ball and Four Ball modes. Stableford is an arcane method of scoring that factors in how difficult a hole is. In Best Ball and Four Ball, players or teams hit more than one ball, then play the best shot. Depending on the rules, a mode can be played cooperatively or head-to-head with any combination of human and computer-controlled golfers.
The Arcade modes put fun twists on a sport that could use a spot of levity. Win a hole in Battle Golf and you can swipe a club from your opponent's bag. Skillzone decorates the lovely links with garish bull's-eyes. Speed Golf and Long Drive Shootout are guaranteed to curl the perfectly coiffed hair of dour country-club types. Taking full advantage of the Nintendo GameCube's internal clock, the game presents special challenges on certain days of the year. You can check ahead on the game's calendar so you don't miss a single event.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 is packed with features that are sure to satisfy the golfing jones in both avid and casual fans. When it comes to golf games, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 is still leading the pack.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (52133) on Sep 17, 2005.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 ist die einzig wahre Gelegenheit, sich seine PGA Tour-Card zu verdienen, während man auf den Elitekursen der Welt spielt und es mit Tiger Woods aufnimmt. Mit neuen Kursen und Golfern wie z.B. John Daly sowie Kommentaren das neuen Dream Teams bestehend aus David Feherty und Gary McCord setzt EA SPORTS seine langjährige exklusive Zusammenarbeit mit der PGA Tour und Tiger Woods fort und liefert somit das realistischste und detaillorientierteste Spiel, das auf dem Markt erhältlich ist.
- World Tour lässt den Benutzer gegen den Kurs antreten. Schafft er es, erfolgreich eine Serie an Herausforderungen zu bestreiten, die entwickelt wurden, um dem Spieler den Kurs und seine Strategien zu lehren, erhält er die Chance, gegen den Kurs-Pro anzutreten. Besiegt der Spieler jeden Gegner und dominiert er jede Region, erhält er "Geld", Kleidung, Zubehör und wird gesponsort, um seinen Spieler weiter gestalten zu können.
- Der Turnier-Modus ist eine Serie aus mehrrundigen Wettbewerben gegen PGA TOUR-Pros, bei denen der Spieler Geld und Sponsoren gewinnen kann.
- 3D-Umgebungsgeräuschkulisse lässt den Spieler voll und ganz in das Golferlebnis eintauchen und neue situationsbezogene Gameplay-Soundeffekte steigern das Schwung-Feedback.
- Visuelle Verbesserungen setzen einen neuen Standard mit neuen Vegetationsfeatures, einem neuen dynamischen Ablagerungssystem, neuem Gelände und besseren Lichteffekten.
Neu: "Create Custom Player": Der Spieler kann sich selber oder jemand anderen erstellen und es mit Tiger Woods und der PGA TOUR aufnehmen. Es lassen sich alle physischen Eigenschaften und Körpertypen wie Kopfform, Augenfarbe und Hautfarbe anpassen. Ist der Spieler im Spiel erfolgreich, können neue Kleidungsstücke und Accessoires freigeschaltet werden.
Mehr Kurse: Dank neuer lizenzierter Kurse sowie zwei neuen Fantasiekursen beläuft sich die Gesamtzahl an Kursen auf mehr als ein Dutzend. Der Spieler kann zwischen den verschiedenen PGA TOUR-Kursen wie St Andrews Golf Links, Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Tournament Players Club at Sawgrass, The Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Poppy Hills, Spyglass Hill, the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, Colonial Country Club und Bay Hill Club and Lodge wählen.
EA SPORTS Online-Wettbewerb: Mit dem neuen, individuell erstellten Spieler kann nun auch online gegen andere gespielt werden.
Mehr Spieler: Fünf neue Spieler der PGA TOUR, einschließlich John Daly und Adam Scott. Der Spieler tritt als oder gegen einer/einen der 15 PGA TOUR-Profis an, einschließlich Tiger Woods, Ty Tryon, Charles Howell III, Notah Begay III, Vijay Singh, Jesper Parnevik und Jim Furyk.
Mehr Möglichkeiten zu spielen: Mehrere Spielmodi bieten schnelle, kurze und herausfordernde Situationen und Mini-Games, einschließlich Skills Competition, Shoot-out, Best Ball, Team-Matches, ein Scramble-Modus sowie ein PGA TOUR- Saisonmodus, in dem der Spieler den PGA TOUR-Spielplan 2003 simulieren kann.
Authentisches Golf: Verbesserte TrueSwing-Technologie und ein Drei-Klick-Swing-Interface ermöglichen eine bessere Steuerung und realistischere Schlag- und Flugphysiken.
Erweiterter Karrieremodus: Neuer World Tour-Modus, Turnier-Modus und Unternehmens-Sponsoring:
Neue Technologie: Sound- und Grafik-Verbesserungen steigern das Golferlebnis.
Contributed by Xoleras (66271) on Jun 20, 2005.
Shhhh! We're trying to play Game Boy Advance here!
- Test your skill on three exclusive PGA Tour courses including TPC of Scottsdale, St. Andrews or Bay Hill. Or, try your hand at two new fantasy courses.
- Connect with the Nintendo GameCube version of the game to unlock special features and events.
- In Career mode, play through a full EA Sports schedule of events including Tournament Play, Scenarios and the EA Sports Crown.
- Master many other modes of play, including Stroke Play, Practice mode, Skill Zone and more.
- Use a Game Boy Advance Game Link cable to shoot it out with a friend in Stroke Play or Skins mode.
EA Sports ups the ante once again with an excellent golf game starring Tiger Woods and featuring a variety of killer real-world courses from around the globe. With a realistic approach and spot-on play control, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 is the perfect game for golf fanatics on the go.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 features great graphics, even better play control and an awesome variety of play modes and options. For golf fans, it doesn't get any better than this.
Contributed by Xoleras (66271) on Apr 13, 2005.
- New Create-A-Golfer: Build an incredibly detailed version of yourself or anyone else and take on Tiger Woods and the PGA TOUR. Adjust all physical attributes and body types such as head shape, eye color, skin tone-down to the most finite details of a computer-generated sketch-as you play. As you achieve success in the game new clothing and accessories are unlocked.
- More Courses: Seven new courses were added for a total of 19 different courses including more than 10 of the world's most prestigious; St Andrews Golf Links, Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Tournament Players Club at Sawgrass, The Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Princeville, Torrey Pines, Poppy Hills and Spyglass Hill. Or play one of four original challenge designs including The Highlands, The Predator, and two new fantasy courses.
- More Players: Compete as or against five new PGA TOUR players including Justin Rose and John Daly as well any of 15 PGA TOUR pros, including Tiger Woods, Charles Howell III, Notah Begay III, Vijay Singh, Jesper Parnevik, and Jim Furyk among others. In addition, play as one of 12 returning original characters including Big Mo, Pops, "The Don," or Yosh Tanigawa.
- Play a Career: In PGA TOUR Season Mode, play along with the 52-week PGA TOUR calendar of events for up to 10 seasons. Obtain sponsorships from real golf equipment manufacturers throughout your career and drive to surpass Tiger as number one on the overall money list.
- Real-time PGA TOUR Events: Using the game hardware's internal clock, actual tournaments appear during appropriate times of year.
- Dominate the World: In new World Tour mode, travel the world to unlock new golfers, earn cash, and win new equipment, apparel, and accessories as you progress.
- More Ways to Play: New modes include Long Drive Shootout, Best Ball, alternate shot, Stableford scoring and Battle Golf.
- EA SPORTS’ Bio: Memory card based tracking/rating system recognizes and rewards gamers for playing multiple EA SPORTS titles.
- Golf's Best Commentators: David Feherty and Gary McCord make up the announcing Dream Team and provide their commentary and irreverent observations on each round.
- Authentic Golf: Total Precision Swing lets you control whether you hit it straight, fade, or draw it back.
Contributed by Xoleras (66271) on Jun 25, 2004.
In the world of professional golf, one name stands out above the rest.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2004 is the most comprehensive and most competitive golf game available. This year you have the chance to create and build the ultimate golfer to take on the TOUR and dominate the world. Whether you play the prestigious PGA TOUR courses or the original design characters, there is something for every golf fan in this game. EA SPORTS’, continuing its exclusive partnership with the PGA TOUR and the world's best and most famous golfer, Tiger Woods, delivers the most realistic golf simulation for fans of console golf.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004 from EA SPORTS In Stores Now
EA’s Top Golf Franchise Offers Innovative EA SPORTS Game Face and Online Play Through The EA SPORTS Nation
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – Tuesday, September 23, 2003 – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 2004, the number one golf title from Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), is available in stores today on four platforms. EA, continuing its exclusive partnerships with the PGA TOUR and the world's best and most famous golfer, Tiger Woods, brings new features that appeal to golf and videogame fans alike. Still the most realistic golf videogame available, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004 is packed with new modes and gameplay.
This year with the new EA SPORTS Game Face you can create and build an incredibly detailed version of yourself, or anyone else you can dream up, to take on Tiger Woods and the rest of the PGA TOUR. All physical attributes and body types down to the most finite details can be adjusted using this revolutionary player modeling tool. Like all of EA SPORTS' PlayStation®2 titles this year, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 for the PlayStation 2 is going online via the EA SPORTS Nation, meaning now you can match up and play online with someone of similar level, organize and participate in online tournaments*, as well as chat in-game using the EA SPORTS Talk feature (USB headset and broadband connection required). Seven new courses including Kapalua, Pinehurst, and Bethpage Black were added for a total of 19 courses including some of the world’s most prestigious such as Pebble Beach Golf Links® and Tournament Players Club at Sawgrass Stadium Course.
Major champions John Daly, Retief Goosen and Rich Beem, along with international stars Adam Scott and Justin Rose, have been added to an already impressive roster of 15 PGA TOUR pros available for play. In addition, Natalie Gulbis represents the first LPGA golfer in the videogame, and 12 original characters are also available, including fan favorites Big Mo and Yosh Tanigawa. David Feherty and Gary McCord make up an announcing Dream Team, providing their commentary and irreverent observations on every shot. EA SPORTS TRAX returns with songs by such bands as DMX, Roscoe, and Brand New.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004 is rated “E” (Everyone) by the ESRB and is available on the PlayStation 2 console, the Xbox’ video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo GameCube’, and the PC. It will be available for the Game Boy® Advance on October 28. *For more info on PlayStation 2 online (service, play, capabilities, features) for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004, go to www.tigerwoods2004.com
About Electronic Arts Electronic Arts (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, Electronic Arts posted revenues of $2.5 billion for fiscal 2003. The company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS’, EA GAMES’, and EA SPORTS BIG’. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Contributed by skl (1147) on Feb 26, 2004.
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004 is the most comprehensive and most competitive golf game available. Create and build the ultimate golfer to take on the TOUR. This golf season take your game online and play with anyone across the country.
Contributed by Corn Popper (69521) on Nov 21, 2003.
- ALL-NEW EA SPORTS GAME FACE
Create and personalize your golfer like never before and adjust tons of attributes such as customizable logos, tattoos, clothing, celebrations, and more.
- ALL-NEW EA SPORTS ONLINE
Compete in Online Tournament events complete with money lists, full stat tracking, league leaderboard, and in-game chat with EA SPORTS Talk.
- NEW COURSES AND GAME MODES
Featuring five new PGA TOUR Pros, eight new game modes including World Tour and Career modes, and seven new courses, including Bethpage Black, Pinehurst No. 2, and Kapula.
- YOUR INVITATION TO PLAY
Synch up with your console's internal clock to play real-time events year round.
- EA SPORTS BIO
Unlock special rewards in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 by playing multiple titles including Madden NFL 2004, NBA Live 2004, and more.
Contributed by Corn Popper (69521) on Oct 02, 2003.
CAN YOU BEAT ME?STEP UP TO GOLF'S ULTIMATE CHALLENGE
MORE PGA TOUR PROS
DOMINATE THE WORLD
GET YOUR GAME FACE ON
MORE PLACES TO PLAY
Can you beat me?
- All-New EA Sports Game Face
Create and personalize your golfer like never before and adjust tons of attributes such as body, hairstyles, clothing, customizable logos, tattoos, celebrations, and more.
- New Game Modes and Golfers
Hit the links with five new PGA Tour Pros and eight new game modes including World Tour and Career modes.
- Your Invitation To Play
Synch up with your console's internal clock to play real-time events year round.
- EA Sports Bio
Unlock special rewards in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 by playing multiple titles including Madden NFL 2004, NBA Live 2004 and more.
- Take on 20 Different Courses
Seven all-new highly detailed courses, including the challenging Bethpage Black, Pinehurst No. 2, and Kapula.
Step up to golf's ultimate challenge
More PGA Tour Pros
More places to play
Get your Game Face on
Dominate the world
Contributed by JPaterson (9096) on Sep 25, 2003.