DescriptionMarcus Reed is a gangster turned cop who is out to clean the streets of New York. Marcus joins the Organized Crime Division of the NYPD with the intent to rid the city of crime and violence. Hoping to make a name for himself after his mentor is shot down, Marcus goes after the top crime syndicates of the city.
Besides having to do this, Marcus is a street-level cop. He is responsible for anything from stopping street fights to stopping gang wars to defusing bombs! Not only this, he can frisk people on the street for contraband, can do trunk searches on cars, as well as issue tickets to speeders.
But if Marcus is gonna do all those things, he's gonna do it his way. Need some cash? Marcus isn't opposed to a bit of extortion from the local pharmacy. Need some way to stabilize your career after that rampage last week? Plant some evidence on a guy and bring him in. No one will know. Pistols not cutting it for you? The gun stores sell police officers anything, from M4s to flamethrowers to RPGs.
With the city of New York at your fingertips, and nearly every building accessible to you, how will you rule? Will you be a shining beacon of morals, or a shady figure in the underworld of NY. The choice is up to you.
There are no PlayStation 2 user screenshots for this game.
There are 49 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "真实犯罪：纽约城" -- Chinese title (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Genre: Open world / Free-roaming / Sandbox action and driving
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Protagonist: Black
- Setting: City - New York
- Theme: Law enforcement
- True Crime series
There are no reviews for the PlayStation 2 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|IGN||Nov 16, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|UOL Jogos||Dec 19, 2005||60|
|4Players.de||Dec 24, 2005||59 out of 100||59|
|Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine (OPM)||Jan 24, 2006||50|
|GameSpy||Nov 28, 2005||50|
|GamePro (US)||Nov 29, 2005||2.5 out of 5||50|
|GameSpot||Nov 23, 2005||4.6 out of 10||46|
|JeuxActu||Nov 28, 2005||8 out of 20||40|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Nov 23, 2005||3.5 out of 10||35|
|Computer Games Magazine||Dec 13, 2005||D+||33|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- All blood and gore effects were removed.
- During interrogations, players can't use a gun to threaten the person begin questioned. Instead, an option to persuade them with reason was included.
- The option to brake the neck of an unsuspecting enemy from behind was removed.
- Flame throwers and molotov cocktails were removed.
- 2006 – #3 Biggest Insolence of the Year (PC version)
- 2005 – The Golden Scarab Award for Buggiest Game (PS2)
Related Web Sites
- True Crime: New York City (Official game website)